So Bummed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jennie NE

Reaction score
Today I went in the shop for a couple of appts. and my 1st did not show up so I called her. She said she cancelled my appt. 3 days ago. No one new about it or took her off my book, then I asked her when do you want to get back in and she said she took all her nails off because 3 of them just popped off a couple of days after I did them. Also her mother cancelled her appt. as well. Her nails "just popped off". So I jsut lost two clients in one day. :( They never bothered to call and let me know they were having problems with their nails. Instead probably tell everyone else. The one girl cannot keep her nails out of her mouth, bu still they just popped off.
The mother went to a MMA shop before me, so no wonder her nails stayed on so well plus she works in a factory with way too long of nails. So I guess I should'nt blame myself.
I have been doing nails for a year, and I think I do pretty good. I have some that lift no matter what I do but most dont. I hate this because I work in a town of 1000 and I am the only nail tech. Rumors fly fast and I don't want to get a bad reputation here. I know you can't please everyone, but man, that really gets a person down. I guess I will get over it. :ack:

Oh Jennie dont be disheartend,
this happens to all of us at one time or other. You can turn this into a learning expirience.

Firstly explain to your clients the difference between MMA and EMA based products. Plus point in your favour

Then explain that they have a natural and safe breaking point, so if they do have an accident, the only thing they would loose is the extension and not the natural nail. Another Plus point I would say.

Then there is the clients activities, use your judgment on the length, one that you would recommend. You are the Expert here, another plus point.
Give them all this information before you do the service, another plus point, they think ......boy she knows her stuff.

Tell them if they have a little accident, to let you know and you will check it out and look after them. Another plus point.

All you have to do, be vigilant with your prepping as most problems relate back to that.
And remember faint heart never won clients.
So be positive as you have so many plus points in your favour, so how could you possibly fail as a great Technician. I know it's hard to be positive all the time, but dont beat yourself up over this. This is only a little hicup and there will be a time when you give someone else the same advice.
Take care Hon
Love Ruth xxxxx

What a wonderful encouraging reply from Ruth.

And she is right in everything she says.

Take heart ... keep your head down and do the best work you can and senarios like this will be few and far between.

geeg said:
What a wonderful encouraging reply from Ruth.

You know this is bizaar but I just read Ruth's message and thought 'what a truly lovely reply' and my mum beat me to saying it!! Way to go Ruth; lovely to know you are so positive and helpful!!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back