So called extensionists giving us a bad reputation!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahluise

Reaction score
so i had a lady call me to ask if i could sort her extensions out which she had fitted previously 3 weeks ago by another extensionist who advertises to be a fully qualified hairdresser of 17 years. She originally called just to ask if i could re-fit 20 strands which had fallen out as the original extensionist was not replying to her messages.

on arrival to do a consultation first, i could not believe my eyes!! i have never seen anything so shocking in my life the poor lady no idea to the extent of how much she had been conned, had what looked like pre bonded own tipped strands (all of different weights) applied with micro rings, no real sectioning just scattered all over her scalp, also the hair was terrible quality split from root to tip. in total she had 52 strands in and paid a total cost of £210. it was unreal honestly i have never seen anything like it

i've had a few girls now after sharing this photo come forward and also share thier story she has been doing it too many people in the north east. she keeps changing her name so people can't keep up.

how can women do this its disgraful

ive uploaded a photo but dont know if i have done it correctly so hopefully it works for you all to see

(also sorry in advance for my spelling mistakes)

Attachments

• 540563_233718250070561_725672122_n.jpg
    540563_233718250070561_725672122_n.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 478
OMG they look terrible!!!!! Poor lady! Xx

Omfg!! That is really bad!! Poor girl :'(

Omg how do these people sleep at night, surely people must look at her previous pictures of her bad work before they book!

She uses internet images and doesn't use photos of her own work from what im told i wrote her a message in facebook and she suprisingly blocked me!*

I also don't know how she sleeps at night.

She also doesn't carry out full correct consultations she just asks if they have light blonde, blonde, brown or black hair arrives at the house with incorrect colour matches.

On a few occasions her partner is known too wait outside. She does the job in 25-30 minutes and then leaves*

Shes also one of these any length £150 advertisers*

Oh dear! It's so bad! This is why technicians get slatted.

Fuming!

Report to tax man cus she probably not self employed and... I don't know. Warn clients of this kind of work!

I cant report her to the tax man i have never seen or spoke to her and don't have enough information, some of the girls have gone through trading standards but i dont really know whats going on with that, i have just put a little warning out to the girls i know xx

I saw someone on Facebook the other day a full head for £75, god only knows what they will be fitting for this.

It is shocking, but hey its something outa our control. These people are gona keep on doing the same ol same ol and when a bargin hunter losses her hair then shes willing to pay extra! Just keep educating your clients, hopefully with you doing all the recitifcations you'll reap the rewards! I hope someone makes a phantom booking and then catches her and reports her to cowboy traders tv show!! xoxo

I cant report her to the tax man i have never seen or spoke to her and don't have enough information, some of the girls have gone through trading standards but i dont really know whats going on with that, i have just put a little warning out to the girls i know xx

You can reort her, you said she has an FB page, tell the tax man and they will do the rest.

It's bloody disgusting she's let lose on the public

She surely wouldn't be able to get insured if she isn't a professional so that's another path x

What a shame...that's terrible! Clearly the girl has had no training. You are right, it gives the hair extension industry a bad name.

I personally don't think it's right that your posting someone else's work on here for everyone to slag it off I agree it's bad extensions but don't really see the pointing this post you will always get "messers" whether it be hair nails tanning etc there's been so many posts recently about people charging this and that and it's the same answers all the time x

she probably be doing something different next week, probably told poor girl it was virgin hair.

its like everythink you always get cowboys, word of mouth best recommendation i think,

I personally don't think it's right that your posting someone else's work on here for everyone to slag it off I agree it's bad extensions but don't really see the pointing this post you will always get "messers" whether it be hair nails tanning etc there's been so many posts recently about people charging this and that and it's the same answers all the time x
I'm glad she did as I'm actually in shock x

This is terrible but I'm not totally shocked I have had afew emergency clients now! I have come to the conclusion that i need to stand firm and educate people! I'm in the north east too!! Makes you sick but it's not uncommon but soon the government are bringing in more regulations for our industry fingers crossed it will cut this bad practice out!!

There are tons of hair extensionists in the North East and I have spoke with a few on Facebook and a few of them said its big competition.

Can I please use that picture on my Facebook to show what can happen when you get cheap extensions? xxx

Can I please use that picture on my Facebook to show what can happen when you get cheap extensions? xxx

Good idea! I know you're not allowed to name and shame on here but this person is clearly NOT a professional, Rogue Traders and Cowboy Builders name and shame!

I'm in the North East too and it is RIFE! I've done a few girls' hair who've then gone on to become 'extensionists' with ZERO training, insurance etc. Even had one of them copy & paste my whole website!!

It is a massive shame because it makes poor girls have awful experiences and can put them off extensions for life.

Oh, I also got an email the other day from a girl saying 'how come another extensionist can fit a full head for £80?' :eek:
That was her first message to me!! I said I can't comment on other techs but I can't even buy the hair to do a full head, let alone make any kind of profit.

What a joke! (Sorry for the rant!) :lol:

Latest posts

Back