So called professional has CUT my extensions out!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Lynne.. Your advice has been brilliant.. I wonder if yourself, or anyone else has had any experience of this kind of thing and if so does it take a while to get sorted? I wasn't anticipating the cost of having to get more extensions put back in,. I'm saving every spare penny for the wedding at the moment.. But I can't be left like this, I may have to convince my better half this is a life and death situation! Lol! Wedding or no wedding!

I'm joking on the life and death part but still.. :lol:

I've never been in this exact situation, no, but the principles remain.
It's essential that you contact her insurance company before you do anything else at all, because they will likely want to see the state your hair is in. If you have new extensions applied the insurance company won't be able to make a clear assessment of the situation.
Don't accept anything from the extensionist; just insist on her insurance details. Assuming she's insured...

I've never been in this exact situation, no, but the principles remain.
It's essential that you contact her insurance company before you do anything else at all, because they will likely want to see the state your hair is in. If you have new extensions applied the insurance company won't be able to make a clear assessment of the situation.
Don't accept anything from the extensionist; just insist on her insurance details. Assuming she's insured...

Ah yes.. I was worried about this.. I sincerely hope she is insured! Thanks again!

On the upside, the hair hasnt been pulled out at the roots, and will grow again. The downside is that it will take a while.
Payouts for hair shorter than you want it are miniscule, due to the fact that hair grows. Its only really permanent hair loss at the root due to chemical burns that attracts payouts.

A good extensionist would be able to cover up the damage for your wedding. Please consider going back to the salon you were happy with. While there are some good mobile extensionists, we know that there are plenty of office bods who do a one day course and set up. Bear in mind that a hairdresser who has to deal with your natural hair after the extensions is far more likely to treat your hair with respect. No good hairdresser would chop extensions off and leave a tuft like that.

On the upside, the hair hasnt been pulled out at the roots, and will grow again. The downside is that it will take a while.
Payouts for hair shorter than you want it are miniscule, due to the fact that hair grows. Its only really permanent hair loss at the root due to chemical burns that attracts payouts.

A good extensionist would be able to cover up the damage for your wedding. Please consider going back to the salon you were happy with. While there are some good mobile extensionists, we know that there are plenty of office bods who do a one day course and set up. Bear in mind that a hairdresser who has to deal with your natural hair after the extensions is far more likely to treat your hair with respect. No good hairdresser would chop extensions off and leave a tuft like that.

Hi persianista, thanks for the reply. Yeah that's what I am worried about.
The place I went to before were so good, I will definitely be sticking with them from now on. Im angry with myself for going elsewhere. I just wanted to try Cinderella out. I thought that going through the Cinderella website would ensure I got a professional service, as I knew she would have had to have done all relevant training etc, but I was wrong. It won't put me off extensions though, there are great hairdressers who do amazing extensions, I was just unlucky on this occasion. :rolleyes:

So, where are we at with this?

So, where are we at with this?

Hi Lynne, I am patiently waiting on a response from the girl about her insurance details. I haven't yet contacted Cinderella as I cant find an email address for them on their website so I am going to have to call them, I haven't stopped in work for the last 2 days, my first client has cancelled tomorrow morning so I plan to contact them then.

A little bit of digging finds that Cinderella is on the same phone number, and at the same address, as LA Trend Ltd.
And they're worth quite a lot of money!
Company Check - Free company financial check on L A TREND LIMITED. Registered number 04223760. Free company accounts. Companies House information

I'm sure you could email them on the email address below...

LA Trend Hair Extensions

Doncha love the internet!

:)

Wait.. What will I say.. I see you are the same company as Cinderella Hair, I couldn't see an email address on the Cinderella website so I am contacting you on this? Or something to that effect?

Wonder Woman.. As I say I have had these in many times and my hair has always been fine after removed.. This is not a slight bit of damage.. Or thinning or breakage.. She has actually taken the extention and cut my own hair to get it out! Leaving me with about an inch of my own hair left.. That's not normal.. Someone who does hair extentions please back me up!! I paid hundreds of pounds.. Went on to a reputable site.. One of the top hair extention brands in my opinion.. I feel I did everything I could to ensure my hair was in good hands and I'm left with stumps over my head cry cry cry.. Anyway.. I'm not moaning bout it anymore.. He has offered me a refund.. If I could get pics up to show you I would but my Internet is slow at the mo

OMG your hair has been butchered!!! I feel so sorry for you!! I have been applying extensions for years as well as wearing them for years and i have extremely fine thin hair... I have never had any damage to my own hair as if extensions are applied CORRECTLY and maintenance and removal are done CORRECTLY your hair should only be needing a trim and maybe a colour after removal!! This person is a professional? Well shocking, and for what reason were they removing extensions for with scissors for god sake... That isnt your own hair snapping after removal, no way! They have clearly cut them out with whatever tool they had in their hand. Also to note, someone i knew who was training once, tried to remove extensions from her models hair and crushed the bond and root of hair so hard with the pliers that the pliers acted liked scissors almost and literally chopped the hair from above the bond, looking exactly like your hair in your picture! Maybe something to question...That is also definitely not stress breakage for goodness sake.. I think that unfortunately you will probably be fighting a losing battle with this one, but i would definitely ask to meet with this technician to discuss this face to face and get the salon manager involved (unless of course theyre freelance) and go from there.. I'm so sorry for you i would be devastated...

I think the first thing to do is to not panic, or do anything hasty.
Contact Cinderella and ask what their procedure is for dealing with complaints about the services provided by one of their practitioners.
Wait for their reply.
In the meantime go and see an independent extensionist and ask for their assessment of the hair. Do not mention anything about who/where you had this done, or the circumstances. Let them tell you what they think. Take a witness. Make notes.
Ask them to take photos. They may refuse because they may feel it gets them getting involved. You may have to pay for an independent assessment. Get a receipt.

Write a letter, recorded delivery, to this girl with the photos.
Be factual, no opinions, but you can tell her that this was not what you expected of the treatment.
Ask her for her insurance details and then correspond only with the insurance company.
Do not text/phone or otherwise contact her after you have involved the insurance company.
I wouldn't advise trying to "sue" her. All the money in the world will not make your hair grow faster.
I'm guessing that what you really want is your hair in good nick for your wedding. Any financial compensation may be able to pay for new extensions.

Take a deep breath and stay calm. Your hair will grow back!

I totally agree!

Disaster.. I contacted Cinderella they said they only provided the hair.. They never provided the treatment etc. There is nothing they can do but take her name off their website.

Contacted trading standards.. They said she is legally only entitled to pay me back the £50 I paid for removal. That she doesn't have to provide me with insurance details, not legally. The insurance company won't do anything anyway as I have to prove the treatment has been done badly.. She said there are no legal guidelines to say that she can't cut them out my hair!!!

Surely this can't be right? My hair has been butchered by this girl and I am only entitled to receive £50. Which will not cover hair extentions to make my hair look better.

Trading standards advised that the only other option I have is to go to the sheriff court and file a small claims thing against her. This is a nightmare! Has anyone done this before? I'm not letting her get away with this.. God knows how many people she has done this to. When I told her I was contacting trading standards she replied "we both know they will not do anything about this" hmm how did she know?? Has she been through this before?? Probably!

If she's so sure of her ground why wouldn't she provide you with her insurance details...

Hi

Oh dear! I do sympathise!

You really could do without this extra stress right on top of your wedding!

Could I suggest maybe getting some redken intraforce, ( i know your not thinning but it will really stimulate your growth we have had fantastic results with it)

And also maybe hold off on any other extensions for now, try a halo:

Videos | Tutorials | How to guides | Tips | Advice

just to tide you over x

Omg your hair doesnt look great at the moment.
I would go to your old salon and put your extensions back- will make you feel better.
Regarding the insurance, I am not sure you will have a case as she didnt cause you a health damage.
Maybe some reviews on different web-sites would help others to know about her poor service. x

If she's so sure of her ground why wouldn't she provide you with her insurance details...

I think she has probably also contacted trading standards and been advised that she doesn't have to provide me with them. It's sickening. It's as though she could have cut every single extension out and left me with stumps everywhere and she still would not be liable as its not "illegal" to do so. It makes me mad, where are my rights as a consumer? It's not right that I have been left like this and she gets off scot free

Hi

Oh dear! I do sympathise!

You really could do without this extra stress right on top of your wedding!

Could I suggest maybe getting some redken intraforce, ( i know your not thinning but it will really stimulate your growth we have had fantastic results with it)

And also maybe hold off on any other extensions for now, try a halo:

Videos | Tutorials | How to guides | Tips | Advice

just to tide you over x

Hey thanks, I will try anything.. Where can I buy redken intraforce? Can I buy it online?

Latest posts

Back