so cross re wedding fayre stand/table

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jewel-it

Reaction score
i have been asked if i would like to do the local wedding fair in march, which i really want to do but im so cross.:irked::irked: i have done one b4 and had a great time i demo eyelash extensions which lots of people came over to look at and i had a small table all set up with prices list posters and nail art sticks,i had people helping in top with our logo on, it looked great. i have only just really made my money back from that day but i was a new salon and i was happy just to get the name out there

Now the price is for this wedding fair is £90 im a very small salon and £90 is a lot of money, this is also the price for eveyone weather your a wedding dress shop of a marquee hire company or even a one man band.
They will not drop
Second i do nails & Beauty and i was thinking i would demo the spray tanning have friends in bikinis and spray away, this i would think will make people come over, I said this all to them and they said sound great but if i then want to advertise nails or beauty as well i would have to pay more :mad::mad::mad:( this would mean price list and letting people know we do all treatments)
Why should i have to pay more this is my business i shoud be able to advertise what i am ( A NAIL & BEAUTY SALON)

if i was a hair and beauty salon then would i only be able to do one or the other !!!!

sorry for going on but im so cross,( so much for business helping business )
thanks for reading

Are you sure you've got it right? They usually charge for the area/space that you'll be using and extra for sockets.

It's only fair that you pay the same as the other business' as they could argue that they have high overheards than you and to be honest £90 is very cheap.

I agree with you about the nails and beauty issue........if that's what you do then then it shouldn't be split into two buisness'.

yep this is right £90 you might think this is cheap but the last one was £50 which is a great price!!
I am salon base so i do still have the over heads ect . i might only take £10 one day and a bridal shop could take £1000 on the same day.

Look on the positive. The more you get your name out there, the more clients you'll get. xxx

£90 is nothing for this kind of exposure, you could make that back in a few hours .......

may be i just have the hump its raining outside and business is slow just your regs coming in so yer your kind of right!!

£90 is very reasonable for exposure at a Wedding Fayre. You could gain enormous custom from the event. Why should the organisers give you different terms from other traders? You always have the choice not to participate in the Fayre but I would imagine you would be missing a good opportunity.

Marketing costs can be painful but if you need the clients it is essential to get your name out there.

Good luck!

Well £90 is a fair amount of money to fork out BUT not too bad for this kind of thing; just make sure you have everything you need to make it a great success . . . :hug: good luck x

Believe me..........£90 is peanuts. It would cost me over £300 for my local beauty exhibition which is tiny.

If you really want a shock, maybe someone will post how much a stand at Excel is. We're talking thousands.

Sounds like a good opportunity..I'd go for it. You will make the £90 back surely?

As others have said £90 isnt much for a Wedding Fayre, they have a regular one in the nearest large town to me, and the smallest space is £500, that is without backing boards and such, so I would bite off the hand that gave me £90!!
Im a home based salon so for me to fork out £500 is too much!

Id go for it hun, you would make that back in a day!
xxx:hug:

My friend did one of these here in Dublin a year or so ago. I think they charged her 150.00 Euro so around the same as they're charging you. She has her own salon (nails, hair and beauty) and is well known in the area and busy enough, but she says from what she can gather she didn't get one client from the Wedding Fayre and wouldn't bother again. She said it was very busy and people seemed interested but when asking new clients how they heard about her, not one of them mentioned the Wedding Fayre! I know others here have said you'll make your money back and I hope you do, but just go in with your eyes open!

They also contacted me to see if I was interested but it happened to be on the same day as one of the Trade Shows here and I was doing some airbrush nail art demos - I was a bit annoyed with the woman's tactics because she left a message on my phone saying she was making an enquiry about me doing some work for a large wedding party and asked me to call her back urgently - when I did she started on her sales pitch trying to sell me a space at the Wedding Fayre - I wasn't amused!

Jackie

Last edited:
the price sounds good to me

i think it is fair to charge all participants the same price regardless of what the business is

Latest posts

Back