So disappointed in my nail course!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetie_pie

Reaction score
I've just finished my level 2 nail extension course with a distinction, however I feel the distinction is worth nothing. As everyone on my course received one, even those who didn't blend tips correctly and or do any cuticle work, in fact I was the only one who sat the assessment with a little jar of barbicide full of all my metal tools. I've worked so hard to be the best I can be and now feel like it's worth nothing :(

Don't be disappointed as it will be you who will achieve outside of college. I went to college to get my nvq after several years in the industry. I was subjected to bullying from the other girls as I was the only one with experience and as they put it 'it was easy for me as I already knew everything and didn't have to work at it to learn anything'. I was also the only one who paid for my course, everyone else was funded by the government. I worked bloody hard for my nvq, and during my 2 years I worked full time at a call centre, did my nail clients on my days off and spent any other free time on my coursework. I also have depression and anxiety, which was quite bad during this time. I was only one who finished my nvqs first, my coursework folder was used as an example of how the college expected the students folders to look like, I also won beauty student of the year, represented college in the UK world skills and from what I know, I'm one of the only ones from my group to still be doing nails. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good on you, Anna. Don't let the beggars grind you down! Just hold your head high, and recognise what you have achieved. I suffer with depression also, some days are a bit grim, other are not too bad. Well done you! :hug:

I've just finished my level 2 nail extension course with a distinction, however I feel the distinction is worth nothing. As everyone on my course received one, even those who didn't blend tips correctly and or do any cuticle work, in fact I was the only one who sat the assessment with a little jar of barbicide full of all my metal tools. I've worked so hard to be the best I can be and now feel like it's worth nothing :(

Don't be disheartened, you'll come off all the better for your hard work. Well done! :)

Everyone on my nail course got a distinction too, regardless of skill. Enjoy your grade, I'm sure you deserve it ☺️

Although it's frustrating, the sheer fact that you care about it means that you'll go far and end up as an excellent nail technician ☺️ X

Thank you, your all probably right. I can just sit back and giggle when they continue to complain their nails are popping off, I've tried to explain how important cuticle work is but they've just sniggered at me! X

When i went back to college doing nails i had already qualified in them during my beauty course but didnt feel it was enough training so there was only me who had training already but every one was really lovely some did ask me for some help too as one of our tutors was rubbish they where all mature students so they made a big difference

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back