So Excited I have booked a Course!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
I am so excited I have bitten the bullet and booked an Eyelash Perming and Enhancement Course it is on the 12th of November:eek:

Can anyone give me any idea at all what it might involve as I have never had anything like this done.:hug:

Oooh I am considering this atm, so I'll be watching these replies too :hug:

How exciting!!

At college for this unit we did
  • eye lash perming
  • tinting
  • strip lashes
  • and application of individual lashes
I'm not sure whether your course would include the eyelash extensions or not but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.:hug:

This is everything that I will be covering on the course.
  • Hygienic and efficient hands on treatment procedures by practical demonstration and hands on approach.
  • Contra indications and client consultation
  • Aftercare and additional treatment recommendations
  • Troubleshooting
  • Retailing,promotion and marketing strategies
  • Eyelash and eyebrow tinting
  • Eyebrow shaping using tweezers
  • Eyelash Perming.
This is all been copied from the course booklet.:hug:

Nice one Karen :D

Karen - well done you - you will be fine :green:

The main thing with eyelash perming that I found useful was to ensure that the lashes were totally free of oil and make up - I once did an eyelash perm and one was lovely - just the right amount of curl :green: and the other side just stuck out - straight as a poker :eek: when I took a closer look it appeared I had n't removed her eye makeup properly - I could see bits of eye liner at the corner of her top lid - oh and I was taught only ever do the top lids for eyelash perming - both upper and lower for tinting - mainly upper for extentions - but obviously you could add to the lower ones as well :green:

With the eyelash enhancements - a good steady hand - rest your palm gently on the clients face to steady - Think hands fingers and nail enhancements you need to get a comfy balance point, otherwise you will shake and not be able to attach the single lashes. Also, get a good pair of tweezers that you have full control over - if the springiness (iykwim :lol:) is too firm then you will be in danger of catching the clients eyelid when trying to attach and release the lash - hope I'm making some sort of sense :lol:

You will be fine with the eyelash and eyebrow tinting - common sense in the main is required for this - be aware that when you tint the eyebrows, some of the tint will stain the skin immediately below the actual eyebrow hairs - it's not permanent, but I got a real shock after wiping the tint away and these two huge brown furry caterpillars were staring back at me - I just thought OMG my client has to go outlooking like some one had gone mad with a marker pen - never mind a tint :lol: you paint the tint on with like a paintbrush and the idea is to get the eyebrow hairs, but we actually have hundreds of fine light eyebrow hairs and when you manage to apply the tint to these, it makes a huge difference IMHO :green:

right better stop waffling - can you tell I enjoy eyebrow tinting ??? oh and BTW blue/black tint is the darkest colour you can get for the eyelashes :)

OK def off now - gotta pick the littleuns up :green:

PM me if you have any questions :hug:

Did eyebrow/lash tinting at college and I love it. I even do my own brows now.

Dont poke your client in the eye as my pal did to me, could'nt see for about an hour after, boy did it nip. :cry:

That was three years ago and my eye is fine by the way.

You'll really enjoy it if you like fiddly stuff as I do :) Can be very therapeutic, arranging lashes on the little rods! Unfortunately we don't offer perming at our practice, but we do get a lot of tints :)
A little tip that you might not learn on the course: when the lash tint is developing, offer a free hand and arm massage! The tint takes 10 minutes or so to develop anyway, and the client feels extra special. We've had a few bookings for manicures this way :)

Latest posts

Back