So frustrated!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Gah, I'm just so frustrated trying to sort out all my training. I know it was a big naive of me to think that I could just dive right in and start ASAP, but we're only just into September and I'm finding it hard even to book my manicure course before the beginning of November :!: Typically of the two near me this month, one is fully booked, and the other clashes with my jobseeker's....
I emailed Grafton's for info on Odyssey and IBD training, they've mailed me back with times and prices, but not made it clear what they're covering in their course... or where! I assume that it'll be at their site in Tamworth... a bit of a trek, but justifiable if they're doing both products at the same time. I think I'm going to have to ring an ask some questions!!
I was hoping to have started my extensions training by October time, but if I can't even do my manicure cert before then, I'm not sure when I'll start.
It's hard because my parents are currently letting me live with them for free as I don't have any money coming in bar my jobseeker's allowance, but I know the government are going to start breathing down my neck to find any old job at some point (according to the guy when I signed on, I have about 12 weeks in which to find a job in my chosen field before they start telling me to take any job going). Plus my partner has an interview in Devon at the end of the month, so we could end up moving down there and that would totally screw up me trying to book courses.....
Did anyone else have this much trouble finding their courses????
Lol x

Nikki from Graftons has mailed me again - the course is £400 for the training and £210 ex VAT for the equipment, covering both IDB and Odyssey. This seems like a pretty good deal to me, and although I have to factor in travel to Tamworth, and accommodation, it still comes in at under £700 for the course in total, so hopefully under £900 once train travel and a couple of nights at the travel lodge are added in.
I'm going to ring Jobseeker's now to see if I can move my interview, and then ring my partner and see if he fancies a trip to Staffordshire!!
Any geeks in the Tamworth area?
Lol x

Latest posts

Back