so happy -my nails are growing back normal at last woohooo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
well, i feel so happy, but quite silly too rofl, as last week i posted a thread about this weird little lump/peak/bump i had growing on my thumb nail,

as you may know ive been suffering with koilonychia and onycholosis for 6/7 months now due to medical problems, and have tried evrything , solar oil/balm, tablets etc etc, and didnt seem to be geting anywhere and since they were so paper thin and kept splitting all the time i couldnt even put enhancemnets on them, so ive been feeling very sorry for myself

well...... i normally sit and massage my solar oil or balm in every night whilst we watch tv and then before i get out of bed in the morning etc, well its quite dark in our living room (just a lamp on) so have not noticed this before tbh, anyways.. im rubbing the balm in last night and i was in the kitchen under a bright spotlight and i thought, weird whats that, when i examined my nails there is about half an inch!! of new pink (yes pink not clear paper thin so you can see right through it) nail growing and there is a really defined ridge where it meets the older nail further up, because the old damaged nail is so thin and spoon shaped and the new nail is normal thickness and not spoon shaped, so thats what the bump/ridge was on my thumb roflpmsl :rolleyes: but im so chuffed, maybe in another month i will have normal nails again, now i dont know why theyve suddenly decided to grow, maybe its just time or coincidence, but i did ask for suggestions and one lady said folic acid , and ive been taking it for 3 weeks now, so dont know whether it is that or not, but i dont care i have proper (or will have soon) nails

i know this probably dosent seem much to you lol, but to all my geeky friends whove been through my moaning and seen how bad they are etc, they know how much this means to me, and just in time for starting my mobile business in sept, they might actually look half decent by then woohooooo

so to anyone who has less than perfect nails, there is hope lol, lashings of solar oil and balm, and lots of attention, they will get there heheheh

would post pics but battery dead in camera:confused:

just had to share lolol

Hurrah! No more moaning :lol::lol::lol:

Glad they're starting to look better, hun.

nah ill just find something else to moan about chick rofl:lol::lol:

xxxxxxx

That's great news Nicky, you'll have Eartha Kitt nails in no time:lol::lol::lol:

Now come on Nicky, you PROMISED us a picture!!!

I bet your'e chuffed to pieces.

well re emmas silly face thread, i rushed out and bought battery for camera (saddo i know pmsl) and tried to take pics, but cant, they just look blurred , tried close up setting, normal setting even changed picture quality up and down grrrrr doing my head in, cos i think they look really weird almost like my nails have two different tiers to them rofl, so wanted people to see what i mean, and see how good the new nail looks compared to old so im well miffed , will ask hubby when he comes in, if he has the works camera in his car, and try with that too
xxxxx

in the meantime, if anyone wants to come visit me and see them, ill put you up wth food wine and very comfortable spare bed rofl

nicky xxxx

OOH yes please, I could do with a few days at the seaside!!

OOH yes please, I could do with a few days at the seaside!!

all togther now, oh i do like to be beside the seaside rofl

im not one to gloat, but it is lovely here rofl, ill take you down the pier and we'll have fish n chips and go on the tram and steamer boat thing, just give me a days notice to pack kids off and clean up pmsl

xxxxxxxx

ill take you down the pier and we'll have fish n chips and go on the tram and steamer boat thing, just give me a days notice to pack kids off and clean up

Sounds very tempting Nicky ... I have visions of lots of geeks knocking on your door in the not too distant future! :lol:

I wish, I have fond memories of Southport,,,,,,,,,,,my Dad used to take me to Formby?, I think it was there, lots of sand dunes, pine trees and squirells.

I could return the favour and you could come and sample the Somerset cider!!

Well done Nicki - knew you would get there!

I am on the way with my camera! :lol:

Well done Nicki - knew you would get there!

I am on the way with my camera! :lol:
heeheee ive got wine coolign as we speak rofl

I wish, I have fond memories of Southport,,,,,,,,,,,my Dad used to take me to Formby?, I think it was there, lots of sand dunes, pine trees and squirells.

I could return the favour and you could come and sample the Somerset cider!!
ooh yummy scrumpy lol, and yes it would be the pine wood squirrel reserve in formby , lovely place xxxxx and lots of rich footy players live on the road :lol:

Sounds very tempting Nicky ... I have visions of lots of geeks knocking on your door in the not too distant future! :lol:

heehhe i would love that, but not sure hubby would be too impressed , mind you saying that bring him soem rose or magners and he'll soften rofl

thanks for all your support guys, most appreciated xxxxx

Glad your nails are finally recovering Nicky.....love your pic on Emmas thread :lol:

in the meantime, if anyone wants to come visit me and see them, ill put you up wth food wine and very comfortable spare bed rofl

nicky xxxx

Careful! I'm off work next week.:green: Not sure you'll have enough wine.

Careful! I'm off work next week.:green: Not sure you'll have enough wine.
You certainly wont have if I come too.:green:

You certainly wont have if I come too.:green:

If we both go there won't be enough wine in the whole of Southport!:lol:

lolol my hubby went to buy wine on sunday night, (bear in mind i dont drink wine, just him) bought enough to stock a large wine cellar pmsl, come and help him drink it girls rofl. otherwise he'll only drink it all himself :lol::lol:

great news nicky

i know you must be pleased

im like a big kids rofl

i cant stop looking at them

hubby keeps laughing at me, cos we'll be sitting watching tv then he'll go "oi, back to tv please ignore those bloody nails" i cant believe the difference in 2 weeks, i thought they were never gonna grow , so its such a nice surprise lol

xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back