So ill after holiday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maz101

1st place winner at Nailympia 2016
Reaction score
Ok I will admit I'm lying in bed after coming home from the hospital, miserable and grouchy and feeling very blur

I went to Dominican Republic on my birthday with friends and hubby to renew my wedding vows, had an amazing time the hotel was lovely cant say a bad thing about staff, place, beach, wedding team etc etc

Apart from getting ill last few days with a tummy bug, yep you know the one, well did the 8 hr flight home, as you can imagine that was eventful luckily we had gone snob class :) and luckily it was shorter as was 9 and half going out.

Well got home and got worse, last few days in bed temp 101 and omg pain in tummy neck headaches joints you name it, so today went to see doc at hospital and was told I have severe salmonella poisoning, so now have antibiotics etc and have to rest, drink water, list of do's and don'ts and had to cancel all my clients from today (already did sats yesterday) and for all week, they have all been lovely and totally understanding I'm very luck, I also work in a school so obviously signed off for minimum a week could be 2 and I'm depressed, no one wants to visit (so do understand that, I wouldn't wish this on worse enemy) and I love my jobs nails and the kids.. Was so looking forward to doing nails again I miss it. I've last over 6lb in last couple of days so good diet (I'm joking) have to laugh at something

My husbands amazing and can't do enough which makes me guilty too, So I'm depressed, the most amazing time was wrecked by this (yes we are telling the holiday company it's a 5 star luxury resort adult only) and now I can't work...

So I'm stuck here in bed in between sleeping reading salon geek.

Sorry for winge but I'm so unhappy.

Here's a pic from our amazing day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 212
How awful for you. Hope you feel better soon.

Oh god thats awful, having your lovely holiday ending like that. I bet you cant wait to be back to normal. I hope you feel better soon..

Ah you poor thing, I hope you feel better soon ....

Oh Maz, poor you! I hope you get better soon!

Love the photo, love the colours. Looks so chilled x

That's terrible. I know yesterday you said you were finally feeling a bit better. Hopefully you get something back for all your trouble. On the flip side the picture of you and your husband is lovely.

Thanks all

And yea felt a little better yesterday and then early eve temp rocketed and got worse, apparently that's normal with this, you feel a bit better for hour or so and then go down hill again, right now feel like I've run a marathon, all I've done is eaten a little oxtail soup and been reading my kindle.

I did have an amazing holiday and luckily tho had upset tummy last couple of days it really hit when got home so thank gawd to that, tho I don't think I will go back to Dom Rep put me off a bit, we've decided somewhere else like Montego Bay hubby said.

You both look so lovely in the pic.

Once you start to feel better- which I hope is very soon- the bad memories will fade and the good ones prevail. x

Latest posts

Back