So, I'm back!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_hkrs

Reaction score
I qualified last year in NVQ2 & NVQ3 and had a bit of a bad experience working in a spa so took some time out and went back to my former job working in a University. I feel I'm ready to get back into the beauty industry and work part-time (weekends/ evenings) and maintain my full-time job until I feel more confident in my abilities and then go full-time. I have really missed Salon Geek and all things beauty! What do you think - good/bad idea?

I've applied for a part-time role in a local beauty salon and just waiting to hear back. Any tips?

Go for it :)
Good luck you will be fine, it's a good idea to do it part time, baby steps to gain your confidence x

if that is what u want then that is what u should aim for! I have just done my level 2 and soon doing level 3 and have worked in completely different industry before for 7 years. I think it is a good idea for u to go part time and bulid up confidence. I think it is so important to get some experience from a supportive employer who will support u and whom you can learn from. Wishing u the best of luck!!

PS also in terms of tips - be yourself and believe in yourself! Take constructive criticism and build urself up, dont let anyone get u down and remember that we all have to start somewhere and no one is perfect and practice practice that is what makes a master! lol xxx

Latest posts

Back