So mad at my client!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks hun for such good advice, and everyone that has posted as well, i have now calmed down and decided to just leave it where is was as i didn't want it to make it any harder for us, she has text today syaing ' i'm not avoiding you and i have sent 2 payments now but this new job has been hectic so i've been all over the place and staying away most weeks, sorry if i've not been in contact more'

I replied with 'I know that you are working away alot with your new job hun but i didn't know where i stood as it had been so long that i hadn't heard from you, you have been a good client and i don't want to fall out maybe if you could pop in to the salon we could have a chat and sort it out?'

I just don't know anymore, the more i think about it the more i convince myself i over reacted but i do still think she is in the wrong as well :grr:

You're welcome.

You did not over react, so don't think that way.
Your client was in the wrong and needs to take responsibility for her behaviour.
I think that your most recent messages are positive.
Hopefully you will be laughing together about this in a few months.

I've got one at the moment who owes me £55 sincelast Thursday.....was going to pop it in on Friday, forgot then her mum was going to pop it in etc etc etc she range me yesterday to apologise and said she would bring it down yesterday afternoon.....still not had it.

£55 is a fair whack to me, I trusted her and probably foolishly I still have faith that the money will come....you build up rapport with these people and you don't expect them to do you over.....what can we do though other than get clients to pay upfront?

I've got one at the moment who owes me £55 sincelast Thursday.....was going to pop it in on Friday, forgot then her mum was going to pop it in etc etc etc she range me yesterday to apologise and said she would bring it down yesterday afternoon.....still not had it.

£55 is a fair whack to me, I trusted her and probably foolishly I still have faith that the money will come....you build up rapport with these people and you don't expect them to do you over.....what can we do though other than get clients to pay upfront?

That is exacly what I want to know! Seriously........ anyone?

That is exacly what I want to know! Seriously........ anyone?

That's a very good question.

I don't take credit cards. If someone forgets that, or if I forget to mention it to new clients when they book and they don't have enough cash, they leave their bag or something with me and pop over the road to the cashpoint. That way they have to come back for their belongings! Although I do make sure with them that there's nothing of value there so they don't have to worry about me nicking anything. It's worked so far.

That's a very good question.

I don't take credit cards. If someone forgets that, or if I forget to mention it to new clients when they book and they don't have enough cash, they leave their bag or something with me and pop over the road to the cashpoint. That way they have to come back for their belongings! Although I do make sure with them that there's nothing of value there so they don't have to worry about me nicking anything. It's worked so far.
But if it's a regular client who you have built up rapport with, I guess you stupidly trust them to come back and pay you.

Her loss and i would of said and done exactly the same as what you did.
If she was any kind of lady she would of been straight on the phone to you to say sorry!

Kirsty what a shame, this has blighted the lovely relationship you had with one of your longest standing clients and I too would have reacted just like you and would be upset.

I don't know what we can do, really . . . I wouldn't feel comfortable asking for payment up front (although I have a few clients who come straight in and open their purse to save doing it later when their nails are wet).

I have been lucky in my 4 years in the nail industry (working from home), I have encountered this situation, I have trusted (like you, well, it's all you can do isn't it) and nobody has let me down. Ever.

I had a client pop £5 in to me today (did her nails on Monday and she didn't quite have enough) - I told her not to worry next time would do but she didn't want to wait :hug:

I'm not trying to sound smug here, it's probably just a matter of time till this happens to me too and then I will be on here ranting and spitting feathers as well :lol: It's good that the vast majority of clients are just wonderful

But if it's a regular client who you have built up rapport with, I guess you stupidly trust them to come back and pay you.

No I wouldn't. Especially not after reading this thread! My regular clients go to the cashpoint before they come in.

The moral of the story is, never trust anyone (except maybe your other half) when it comes to money. It's the cause of more problems than probably anything else I can think of. I do think this is a really good thread, it brings the issue to everyone's attention and makes us all a lot more careful.

It makes me feel sad to think I need to be so mistrusting of everyone though :cry:

Rouge what do you do though if one of your clients is in a rush and hasn't had time to go to the cashpoint? Would you sent them back out before you did their nails :)

I agree i certainly won't be allowind this again even tho the majority of my clients are trust worthy, this one persom has now mad it hard for everyone else as said before they are clients at the end of the day xx

It makes me feel sad to think I need to be so mistrusting of everyone though :cry:

Rouge what do you do though if one of your clients is in a rush and hasn't had time to go to the cashpoint? Would you sent them back out before you did their nails :)

Either that or they can go after their appointment. Or give me a cheque. Don't care as long as they pay me! :lol:

Yes it is sad, but that's the way it has to be. I can't afford to give free treatments away to people.

I agree i certainly won't be allowind this again even tho the majority of my clients are trust worthy, this one persom has now mad it hard for everyone else as said before they are clients at the end of the day xx

I can well imagine Kirsty after that experience:) So then, will you be asking for payment before you undertake the service in future?

Either that or they can go after their appointment. Or give me a cheque. Don't care as long as they pay me! :lol:

quote]

I think that was the point Cathie was making. And an element of trust is still involved if they are to go to the cash machine after. I've had this situation too and yes, so far, they have come back, but there may be a time where someone doesn't - can't guard against it - but fortunately it is rare.

Small Claims court?

not worth the hassel, will cost more to take it to the SCC im afraid.

kirsty, i think you are right in what you did, it certainly didnt come across as rude, unprofessional etc at all.

just goes to show doesnt it, you cant trust even your most treasured clients

Kirsty was most of this conversation through text message hun?

Kirsty was most of this conversation through text message hun?

Yes tried to phone but she wouldn't answer she just kept texting replys to my voicemails i had left,

No i won't be charging clients before treatments but i can take cash cheque and cards now so they will have to make phonecalls to their husbands if need be xx

Latest posts

Back