so unsure... :0( i need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugerpuffm

Reaction score
about a year ago i worked in a salon doing nails and the girl that owned it turned all funny on me and then caused me to leave.. then bitched about me to alot of people and reduced me to tears in front of the whole salon im not the first or the last person from wot i can make out that she has done this too ... but the last few days i have been getting people telling me that she has been praising me up then i got a text off of her asking me if i would do her nails for her ????????????? also my friend that stil works in her shop said that she wants me to go back and is maybe trying to get friends with me again ???? AHHHHHHHHHHH :cry: WOT DO I DO ??????? she caused so much upset n tears last time .... and i know that the past is the past but im so worried that im going to be taken for a fool again ???? or is she being crafty????? y is this trade so spitefull ...... i love my job and im good too, but i really dont know wot to do about this peeps .... HELP........ GRRRRRRR MY MSN IS [email protected] xxxx

I'm not sure about this situation.....I worked for an owner like this as well.......telling you about " what was wrong " with you / clients so that you get embarrassed.......
I've been burned to many times........
I think I'd call her up myself.....ask what she wants ......then if the "rumour" is true......tack fully decline the " offer" and tell her why.......it's better to be truthful and let her know of your feelings than to lie..........JMO

Are you working at the moment? If you are why are you even thinking of going back. I can understand if you need the money becuase you are out of work but from what you have said thats like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire! Seems like she is just a taker and only thinks of herself. Did she ever apologise to you? and now that she needs someone if you give in to her she gets what she wants again. Be strong and tell her where to get off!
What would you tell a friend if it was her in this predicament? I hope this helps.

I have been in contact and said that after a year and not even a hello in the street and now this it seems odd ... but the reply that i got was .... im sorry i put my feelings befor yours i just thought the worst thing you could do was say sod off .... but im still worried if she means it or is she just saying to come to my home n see how im gettin on working from home and if im doing well or not ????? i dont know maybe im thinking too much ... but it just seems odd when she has a nail tech in her shop n after all this time and wots been said ..... y now???? :rolleyes: xx emily x

No debbie ... she has never said sorry ... im working from home and have been for the past year .. even her own friend said if i do her nails or go back to the shop will she back track every thing she has said about me to people .... im just so confused by it .. xx

If it were me I wouldn't do her nails and I certainly would not ever work for her again,remind yourself of the upset she caused you,why on earth would you want to work for someone as nasty as that????

I dont mean to sound harsh but please treat yourself with the respect you deserve,if you are as good as you sound at nails, maybe start your own business.but dont go back there.Nobody deserves to be reduced to tears like you were.Good luck chuck.xx

Thank you babs.... i am doing well from home and i was tought by lisa smith so i know i have been tought so well at what i do ... but the salon owner made me feel like giving up on it all ... im so worried about getting taking for a fool again... you know when you get your self to the point where you think wots the point ... that was where she left me and its taken all this time to get back on track ... i dont think i can put my self back in that line of fire again ... thank you so much xxxx emily

Thank you babs.... i am doing well from home and i was tought by lisa smith so i know i have been tought so well at what i do ... but the salon owner made me feel like giving up on it all ... im so worried about getting taking for a fool again... you know when you get your self to the point where you think wots the point ... that was where she left me and its taken all this time to get back on track ... i dont think i can put my self back in that line of fire again ... thank you so much xxxx emily
I know exactly what you mean,years ago at my first salon I worked in,my 2 bosses upset me so much I had to leave.They were quite a bitchy pair,and tbh it wasn't just me they were nasty to,but I couldn't take it,one was worse than the other,in fact she would actually ignore us when we walked into the salon.

She was terrible,even if she was with a client,I would walk in,she would look up,then carry on talking to the client,making me feel reallly horrible.Anyway,one day I made up my mind not to speak to her unless she spoke to me,then at my appraisal she actually had the nerve to ask me why I didn't speak and always looked unhappy:eek:

Sometimes,in the middle of a treatment,say a mani,she would walk over to the nail bar and take half a dozen things I was using,then she would get all nasty with me if I said anything:confused:But she would turn it round and pretend I was being funny with her.

I have never in my life met such a miserable,nasty piece of work as her,everyone walked round on egg shells,she would enjoy making you unhappy.

In the end I said I was going,handed in my resignation,she tried to talk me round but I knew that if I stayed I would be left feeling like I didn't want to work in the beauty industry again.

That salon got through so many staff it was untrue,all for the same reasons.She has left as have half the staff that were there when I was there,but my God,it was the best move I ever made and never would I set foot in that hammer house of horrors again.

Dont go back and let her do her own nails,sounds like she's up to no good if you ask me.:hug:

LOL Glad im not the only 1 that has been made to feel like this ..... i am just so shocked at the fact that she even got in contact after so long ... i know she has had a bad year with her personal life .. she lost a child and im sorry for her loss i wouldnt wish that on any body ... part of me feels maybe loosing her baby son has made her see wot a mega beast she has been but then i also know how cunning she can be and is she just bitter n wanting to start some agro up for me again ??? i just been so confused ... :rolleyes: .. xx

LOL Glad im not the only 1 that has been made to feel like this ..... i am just so shocked at the fact that she even got in contact after so long ... i know she has had a bad year with her personal life .. she lost a child and im sorry for her loss i wouldnt wish that on any body ... part of me feels maybe loosing her baby son has made her see wot a mega beast she has been but then i also know how cunning she can be and is she just bitter n wanting to start some agro up for me again ??? i just been so confused ... :rolleyes: .. xx
I would stop being confused and start concentrating on yourself hun,she's not worth it.Put her to the back of your mind and move on like I did.:hug:

Im going to do just that i think ... i have just taken my self in a cornor and giving my self a slap for getting my self in this state ... lol :Grope: all joking aside ... thanks so much for your advice .. i will snap out of this ... i need to make something of my self n stop the worring xxx thanks babs xxx emily :hug:

She may have been praising you lately but what has she been saying since you left?
She's got her own agenda here by the sound of it...just tell her thanks for getting in touch but you are too busy atm and don't have any appointments spare. x

i think your right judy she most def has ... its only been talking to geeks and my hubby that i realise how u r all saying that same so i really do need to get my self a back bone n tuffen up ... xxx emily x :rolleyes:

Hi,

I had the same thing recently with the woman I trained with. She promised me a job then she kept changing the goal post. She really messed me about. The very last tine she messed me about she asked me to do her nails and said that week I could go and work for her.,knowing I have a child and that I have to get her looked after and that I travel 30 odd miles because I'm so keen to want to work there.

I went there on the Tuesday and she promised me a client on the Thursday. Then I did her nails on the Tuesday stayed away from home at my mum's thinking great. Then she text's me on Thursday afernoon saying Can't get you a client. That is the short story as well. Little things happened like I would ring asking for her and a friend of hers answered the phone in her salon and on more than one occasion would announce my name when she answered the phone then pause and say oh no she's not here.. I only wanted her to post me my training certificate.

Time and time again I would think I really want to work there but now knowing what she is like and how much it would be like pushing mud up hill working for her. I would rather take the time to get myself off the ground.. honest and hardworking. So my advice would be work for yourself and have an easier life x x

Hay there pibsy ... its so horried feeling like this aint it ... it really puts u on a low eb about ya self ... like i said its taken me the best part of a year to get back on track after wot she did to me b4 .... i mean im all 4 giving every 1 a secound chance but i just dont think i can on this 1 imean its caused upset just by her getting in contact ... wot am i like a ..lol xxx emily x :rolleyes:

Hay there pibsy ... its so horried feeling like this aint it ... it really puts u on a low eb about ya self ... like i said its taken me the best part of a year to get back on track after wot she did to me b4 .... i mean im all 4 giving every 1 a secound chance but i just dont think i can on this 1 imean its caused upset just by her getting in contact ... wot am i like a ..lol xxx emily x :rolleyes:

There's a big difference between giving someone a second chance, and lying down and letting them walk all over you. Why on earth would you even consider going back to work for someone who reduced you to such a state? If she feels bad about the way she treated you, she should at the very least apologize for it.

Tell her politely but firmly that you're fully booked for the next ten years and can't fit her in for an appointment, and that you're very happy running your own successful business.

Hi Emily,

Well all I can say is I know how you feel. This was with the woman I did my training with so I nearly gave it all up because she knocked the wind clean out of my sails.. But then I thought no I'm not going to let her beat me.. She was slagging off the girl that was already working there when I went for my training. Alarm bells should of gone off at that point but Silly me just was so taken in by the beautiful salon and the fact I really got swept off my feet by her. As she complimented my nails and offered me a job and my god then there was no job then there was a job then there was a different rate of pay 3 times then there was on job training then there wasn't. Then my training certificate was posted she said. then I kept calling asking as it never came in the post.. Mate I tell you now stay well clear or people who say one thing and mean another.. i started to think the chemicals may of mushed her brain a bit. She was proper crackers.

I will wind my neck in now. This site is like a councelling session.

Pibs
x

Hi Im sorry she treated you like that and then slagged you to everyone after but hey she is not worth it people like her are everywhere.

If it were me and im sorry to say this but I would draw a line under the episode and move on and if our paths happened to cross again (being a glasweegan I would probably punch her lights out) :lol: No seriously I would just cut her dead and walk on ignoring her and your bad attitude is the best way. The last laugh is with you though you had to be pretty **** hot for her to have you back think on that.

With her mode swings you would go back and before you know it she would be back to treating your ****ting and telling everyone in site about it.

Sister do your confidence some good ignore her and if she phoned and asked you to do her nails or come back.

Just laugh and say I would love to but hey I m soooo busy now the best thing that every happened to me was departing from you I believe in confidence cultivation or confidence descomation which is what you like to do to people.

Hold your head up high after all she is after you not the other way round - and if you hear any rumours from clients - you know our moto - we never talk about another therapist or nail technician but is that the person who is trying to head hunt me.

You Go girl you know your better than what she is dishing out......:hug:

Best wish catheine

:lol: thanks so much all of u .. this year has just seem to have gone from bad to worse ... im so thinking of getting on a plain n sodding off to a nice place where i dont know n e 1 ...lol ... maybe some luck will come my way then ..lol ... thanks xxxxxxx:hug:

:lol: thanks so much all of u .. this year has just seem to have gone from bad to worse ... im so thinking of getting on a plain n sodding off to a nice place where i dont know n e 1 ...lol ... maybe some luck will come my way then ..lol ... thanks xxxxxxx:hug:

Just hold on, you've worked damn hard to get where you are, in spite of all the knocks you've had. You can't just chuck it all in now!!

The only way is up....

Trust me, there's a lot of people - including me- who have been where you are now. Don't let that daft woman ruin everything you've achieved.

:hug:

Latest posts

Back