So very, very sad...the nail tech formerly known as bla bla bla

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks everyone!!!!!

for anyone who has been pm-ing me and especially Gigi, I think it has been obvious I am back on my way to something!!! Not sure what yet but time will tell!!!!
I know where you are coming from with things/time not wasted-but that was the way i have been feeling for the last 4 months....and feelings are not right or wrong, they are what they are; feelings....

as someone said, probably a tad of depression creeping in (and still not back on the ciggies!!!! After 13yrs!!!) but things have been ironed out suddenly since this past weekend.
And with the risk of Gigi's head exploding: this fantastic lady has been spending a little less time in bed and a heck of a lot of time out of it encouraging me!!!

So, no worries, am on the correct path-the dayjob pays the bills for now and you never know what is around the next corner...

thanks for all your love and support!!!!!

:hug:

I'm glad you feel you've turned a corner and are on the up . . . . I've read your post a couple of times and felt huge sympathy but didn't know what help I could offer - but it's nice to read your positive post this evening. And well done for staying off those ciggies for 13 years, that's fantastic :hug:

I really think bad things that happen to us only make us more determined.

I have been let down by people and jobs - but - I don't dwell on it (well maybe for a few weeks then decide the time I have wasted - I cannot get back!!)

I do too much stuff - but I like it that way.

Just remember - the only person you can rely on - is usually you - so don't let yourself down.

Hope it works out soon for you.

paula
xxx

hmmmmm, I think I need to get a few points across here with the risk of annoying a few people here.:eek:
But have annoyed people on Salongeek in the past and I am still living!!:hug:

The original post was just 'put out' there and I asked for some feedback, I never asked for solutions 'cause I am a big girl and know that no-one else can change a person's life or that person's perception of their life....

What I have been involved in for quite a large part of my adult :)rolleyes:) life has been NAILS.
Not just any old job... No, pure and utter lust for NAILS. I breathed and drank and dreamed NAILS.
My love for the business meant that I wanted to get as many girls involved in this fantastic business as well...I also got my daughter involved (kids nail art) and part of the reasoning behind me in business was that I could leave something for her to get involved with as well, or at least leave a valuable venture behind as a kind of legacy thing. So this has felt like I let her down as well. I am not saying that that was a valid point, it just felt the way it felt.... And I think you have to be a parent to truly understand how that feels....

I was going to give examples about racial abuse, salon owners screaming at me about an order wrongly quoted at their end but that doesn't solve anything and I would have to go into many details. The fact that those idiot behaved like that tells me more about them than about me and I think I can be proud of myself for not stooping down to their level!

What hurt me is that I was at the birth of this brand new (to the UK) brand and i did my very, very best to get it out there. I did everything in my power to promote the brand and in the end the 'brains' behind the brand have let me as far as I am concerned down. And that hurts...if my former colleagues are still happy with them, then I wish them all the best and I am still in contact with a few of them.

So to say that I have been disappointed with a job and a few people is the understatement of the year....I have been let down by this particular company and I was flogging it just as I would a brand that I had developed myself....and it felt like my baby....and that makes it personal.
One of my things is loyalty, sometimes loyalty to a fault....and should have let them go years earlier.

But again, I am getting into details and am winding myself up here...and am starting to feel defensive.
Deep breath....

Ok, to put it simply (and as I have said in a few posts before, but which are not necessarily read by everyone posting a reply) over the last few days things HAVE changed.
Last week there wasn't even a question of me EVER returning to the nail business and as Gigi said, the getting out when I did was probably the best thing for me at that time,
I needed as they say in the war movies: to re-group...

As one of you said, if the rest of your life is going down the tube-anything that happens professionally will hit you harder, of course it does-especially since that professional life had been a big 'constant' in my life and suddenly everything (as we say in Dutch) had the screws loose!!!

The original post was my way of saying: ''hey guys, I am still here, I have been through some traumatic stuff, give me a mental hand here....''

And as usual most of you have taken it that way, and a few out there will read what I wrote and get the wrong end of the stick....
People thinking that (and this is not directed into anyones direction specifically) I basically need to kick myself under my butt are not really being helpful! I just wanted some feedback from like minded peeps...

And when I return to the business it will be with a whole lot of extra understanding, it will stand me stronger for future complications and it has also made me determined to-from now on-aim for the very best or not go there at all.....
I won't settle for second best....if that means getting my Cisco qualifications (all funded, so the job isn't THAT bad!!) and becoming a computer nerd-then so be it, at least I will be the one with the hot nails!!!

So please, don't lose the plot, all be happy and think happy thoughts....:Love:

Christel:hug:

I'm opening a bottle of wine and eating a bar of chocolate to console you, virtually.

I'm opening a bottle of wine and eating a bar of chocolate to console you, virtually.

I'm with you Angela ... Cristel ... cheers, salud, or slangeva (or however it is spelled in gaelic) ! Mines Rioja what's yours??

Last edited:

Thanks!!!!

Slainte (that one needs an accent somewhere!)
Proost

I have run out....both of them!:irked:

Have a bag of wine gums on the table! That will do!!!:lol:

3 for a tenner, that will do me!
:zzz:

Thanks all of you for your lovely replies but I am going to end it now!!!!!:eek:
Noooo!!! The thread thing, just haven't got a clue how to do that...:irked:

So any moderators out there: Help!!!! :grr:

See you sometime, somewhere!!!!!:hug::hug:

Christel

Thanks all of you for your lovely replies but I am going to end it now!!!!!:eek:
Noooo!!! The thread thing, just haven't got a clue how to do that...:irked:

So any moderators out there: Help!!!! :grr:

See you sometime, somewhere!!!!!:hug::hug:

Christel

Christel has asked me to close this thread as she is feeling much better thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back