so who are the smokers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many of you smoke and how many a day

• Total voters
For those needing further inspriation to quit take a look at this.

Stop smoking start living - Home

At least its only 17 days till england goes smoke free yippe no more stinking clothes and more to the point no more passive smoking.

I smoke, im well aware of the risks to my health & that i stink of it. I enjoy it, its my choice & my body im harming no-one else's. I dont smoke in my home at my work or at friends homes, i dont smoke in front of people who dont like it & i strongly object to people making nasty comments to me whilst passing in the street if i happen to be having a ciggie like - get that disgusting thing out your mouth, i never say to someone passing me by - get that disgusting dress off you complete minger :rolleyes:

i smoke too 3-4 a day unless out im out having a drink then i dont want to think of how many!!! havind said that i can go days with out and then suddenly ill want one!!

weird huh??

i never say to someone passing me by - get that disgusting dress off you complete minger :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:......that really made me laugh!!!
And yes I smoke too, but like you I think I do it with consideration for other people, ie: not in their houses, while they are eating etc etc etc.

Hi,
First of all let me say "Be glad that you never picked up smoking"!!!!!
I do feel that those that have never smoked really can't give advice on quitting.As you have no idea how hard it is to put these things down.IMO,it would prob be easier to stop smoking crack than give up cigs.Don't really know that for sure,as I have never smoked crack.We really don't need anyone telling us they are bad for us,we stink,or we are killing you with second hand smoke (if anyone knows of any reported cases of someone actually dying from second hand smoke,I would like to see that report)
We already know all those things without someone reminding us.I do agree that it shouldn't be done around young children and out of respect for non smokers I don't generally smoke around them.
I DO have a problem with the government telling me what I can and cannot do within reason. Such as here in the states we have laws for several things that in my opinion should be left up to the citizen.Seatbelt laws (if I don't want to wear a seatbelt in MY car that I pay for,well,that should be my call). Helmet laws for motorcycles should be the same.If we want to risk cracking our scull that should be our business.People STOP wishing for a ban on smoking,because that just opens the door for BAN'S on other things. Maybe even something that will affect YOU someday!!
Smokers here in the states are pretty much looked at like they are terrorists.Our rules on smoking are getting more ridiculous by the day.What do you think would happen if we took someones alcoholic beverages from them with a law? PEOPLE WOULD BE PISSED!!! I think here in the states, where suntanning is popular,maybe we should ban that too,Hey,it causes melanoma which is deadlier than lung cancer!!

Just wanted to add,there is a prescription in the U.S called Chantix (Sp?)
Your doctor has to write it for you,but everyone that I know that has taken it has had wonderful results.You keep smoking while you take it and one day you just decide you don't want to smoke.It is expensive but so are smokes.I think here it's around $100.00
for a month and most insurance won't cover the cost.Go figure,I guess they had rather spend thousands on smoking related disease HaHa!
For all you smokers...Next time someone starts telling you how bad smoking is for you,look to see if they have a tan,then politely ask if they use a tanning bed?Then you can tell them that Melanoma kills faster than lung cancer.I did this with a friend of mine and it shut her up,as she knew she had a bad habit too.
My heart goes out to all of you that struggle with quitting, I know it is extremely difficult .Good Luck!!!

Yep I'm a smoker, I do smoke outside as my hubby doesn't smoke. Tried patches, gum, will power(got non) and hypnotherapy. Champix is now availble on script and a few people stopped. May give it a go ......................one day

Guilty as charged and yes i actually enjoy smoking but
for health and money reasons would like to give it up,
however i know i wont do and in all honesty it is because i am too vain, i am mortified when i put any weight on so i know stopping for me would not work.
I know that sounds terrible but at least i am honest.:hug:

Hi,
First of all let me say "Be glad that you never picked up smoking"!!!!!
I do feel that those that have never smoked really can't give advice on quitting.As you have no idea how hard it is to put these things down.IMO,it would prob be easier to stop smoking crack than give up cigs.Don't really know that for sure,as I have never smoked crack.We really don't need anyone telling us they are bad for us,we stink,or we are killing you with second hand smoke (if anyone knows of any reported cases of someone actually dying from second hand smoke,I would like to see that report)
We already know all those things without someone reminding us.I do agree that it shouldn't be done around young children and out of respect for non smokers I don't generally smoke around them.
I DO have a problem with the government telling me what I can and cannot do within reason. Such as here in the states we have laws for several things that in my opinion should be left up to the citizen.Seatbelt laws (if I don't want to wear a seatbelt in MY car that I pay for,well,that should be my call). Helmet laws for motorcycles should be the same.If we want to risk cracking our scull that should be our business.People STOP wishing for a ban on smoking,because that just opens the door for BAN'S on other things. Maybe even something that will affect YOU someday!!
Smokers here in the states are pretty much looked at like they are terrorists.Our rules on smoking are getting more ridiculous by the day.What do you think would happen if we took someones alcoholic beverages from them with a law? PEOPLE WOULD BE PISSED!!! I think here in the states, where suntanning is popular,maybe we should ban that too,Hey,it causes melanoma which is deadlier than lung cancer!!

Just wanted to add,there is a prescription in the U.S called Chantix (Sp?)
Your doctor has to write it for you,but everyone that I know that has taken it has had wonderful results.You keep smoking while you take it and one day you just decide you don't want to smoke.It is expensive but so are smokes.I think here it's around $100.00
for a month and most insurance won't cover the cost.Go figure,I guess they had rather spend thousands on smoking related disease HaHa!
For all you smokers...Next time someone starts telling you how bad smoking is for you,look to see if they have a tan,then politely ask if they use a tanning bed?Then you can tell them that Melanoma kills faster than lung cancer.I did this with a friend of mine and it shut her up,as she knew she had a bad habit too.
My heart goes out to all of you that struggle with quitting, I know it is extremely difficult .Good Luck!!!
Is this deja vu? Didn't I see this on another poll?

Although again, this poll is about smoking, seat belts are necessary because without them you could become a flying missile in an accident and hurt or kill somebody else.

Oh well, you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

I am a non smoker, really surprised at the poll results so far. Would have thought that there would have been more smokers.

I only smoked when I was 16/17 for 2 years, was never really addicted to it and was able to just give up really easily. My partner smoked for over 10 years and it took him 3 attempts to give up. He has now been a non smoker for 3 1/2 years.

I am a non smoker, really surprised at the poll results so far. Would have thought that there would have been more smokers.
Yes I noticed too and on Snugg's poll about banning smoking, the majority of peeps have voted in favour of the ban.

I've only tried smoking once to make my own mind up about it, and it wasnt for me, its quite rare as none of my family or close friends have smoked in my lifetime so ive never really been in that situation of social smoking etc (my nan used my birth as a reason to stop) but seeing all her breathing problems now hits you hard although even in her seventies her body is repairing and after years she no longer needs her inhailer!
Obviously through meeting new friends and my current boyfriend who have smoked i have seen how hard it is for smokers to quit and to start cutting down
so congratulations all who have 'kicked the habit' or are cutting down to quit, its a step in the right direction

oh yes i do smoke, its the stress of the job.....working with very problematic teenagers. our problem is from 1 july we have to be 50metres from the house i work in, which is impossible due to the guarantee the kids will create for other staff member when we go for a quick cig and management say we shouldn't be leaving the unit and can't smoke in our cars at the front of the unit..........der what do they want us to do when we do 25 hour shifts without an official break for a cig. they are ok they can go home..............don't know what we will do in july......get managers to work more.......feel better for moaning and having a cig at same time. thanks for listening xxx

Yep, I'm one too!

I know its bad for me and I do kind of want to give up, but there is part of me that enjoys it.

I think I might try the SOS (Stub Out Smoking) liquid stuff you can get which makes them taste rank so you dont want one, I think its like a mouthwash or something, worth a try.

I like that thought of giving up and being more healthy and having more money!

One day, one day!

Working part time in a pub doesnt help, its going to be hell when the ban comes in - i wont even be able to have a fag break due to the fact that I only do 4 hours!

Sarah
xx

Smoker here!! Gave up for 5 years and two pregnancies.. didnt gain wieght beside baby wieght.. dropped that ok. Started again in 04, Under stress breaking up with the kids dad.. Strangely i wiegh more now then i did 3 months after the birth of my last child.. i eat better now too.. Strange.. but i do love my curves.. oh and my Fags..
Everyday for 5 years i craved a coffee and a fag everymorning i woke..i could almost taste it some mornings.. (I had to give up coffee.. that was harder as it made me crave a fag the minute it touched my lips..)) now im a happy chainsmoker! (cough cough)

I am an ex smoker, gave up in october 1998. Started smoking due to peer pressure. I wanted to hang out with my mates and they all smoked, so I started so I wasn't the only one not smoking.
Gave up numerous times before actually kicking it properly. I still have the urge for one every now and then though.
Haven't had the weight increase because of it though. But man does food taste way better. I don't have that icky taste in my mouth when I first wakeup in the morning. And I can smell heaps better too. Which is sometimes not a good thing.
Glad I gave up because it is now $15 NZ or so for a pack of 20!

I'm a smoker, but as I only smoke between 1-5 a day (well, evening actually) I couldn't vote.

You know... firstly I think it's fab being able to pick 'em up and put 'em down again like that... but I don't understand HOW ??????????
My hubby goes to work every morning without any cigs in his pocket, he doesn't smoke all day, comes home anywhere between 4 and 7pm and promptly has a cuppa and a cig... WHY IS THIS????
I wish I could do the same.
It's made even worse (for my understanding of it) because he can go to the bar and smoke a packet of 20 yet go to work with none again the next bloomin' day !!!!!!!!
I don't get it.

Hello, This is exactly me aswell!!
I never buy ciggies, but about once a month I will have a couple of drags on my partners roll up. Also if I go to lunch with a friend who is a smoker 9/10 times i will nick a fag off her.
Sometimes my dad comes over with a pack of fags and leaves them at my house and they will happily stay in the drawer for about 6 mnths with me just taking the odd one now & again!!! I have been this way since i was 16 (now 30)
HOWEVER put any type of food in front of me and I will eat it!!! I will stop and buy food in shops/petrol stations throughout the week, and I always have to replace the school lunches food as I always eat it!! I think about all food constantly! SO I have the problem with food that you all have with fags!!
In our house my partner smokes about 30 roll ups a day and can take or leave food!!
and I eat about 30000000 cals a day and can take all leave fags!!!!:irked:

xxx

Thankfully its one vice I havent fallen foul of.

i am in this gang im a smoker,although i smoke outside my house as i have 3 kids to think about....i have tried zyban,hypnosis and cold turkey and i must say since hypnosis i dont enjoy them....smoke out of habit i will give up 1 day will let you all know when !!!!!:green:

Latest posts

Back