Soak off bowl - what can i use temporarily??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcat85

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a client this afternoon and i may need to soak her nails off, i ordered some bits from my supplier which arrived yesterday, but they were out of stock on the soakoff bowl i ordered.

What can i use instead?? any ideas?? will the acetone melt a plastic bowl!

help!!

i think it depends on the type of plastic it is....you might be safer with a glass bowl..better still...soak some acetone onto your nail wipes...place onto the nail and then wrap in kitchen foil...cover hands in a warm towel..(warmed in the microwave) i find this works better and faster than soaking in any kind of bowl. x

If you prefer to soak off in bowls, I use 2 glass ramekins to put product remover in and stand those in dessert bowls which have a little very hot water in. HTH

Thanks for the advise guys x

All I do is put the product remover into a small glass dish, and dip some cotton pad into it and squeeze excess off. Then put this on the clients nails and wrap each finger in tinfoil....keeps heat in and its not messy.

All I do is put the product remover into a small glass dish, and dip some cotton pad into it and squeeze excess off. Then put this on the clients nails and wrap each finger in tinfoil....keeps heat in and its not messy.

This is what I do too... and it works much better than soaking in a bowl. This way you can work on one nail while the other ones are still soaking.

I soak off using tin foil wrapped over cotton pads too, is the easiest form of removal as if a client has only one nail that needs soaking you can wrap it and get on with the rest without having to try and keep that nail in a bowl and do the rest
hth
Jen
xx

I prefer to use the tin foil method, you can also place the clients hands in your heated mitts to spead everything up x x

Latest posts

Back