Soak Off gel brand mix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisole

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here and so far i am loving this forum, I have recently finished my training and i am slowly trying to spread my wings into the profession.
Having like i said recently started i am not full equipped with all the colors and brands in gels and stuff, i have bought the gelish system for structure and top coat and a couple of colors for french, my question is can i use a color from a different brand in soak off gel in between the gelish base and top? Ordering gelish colors takes a long while to get to me plus i can not find all the colors i want in their collection, but i have found some in other collections and i don't know if i should get any or not.

There's two answers to this.

1) Professionally, you shouldn't mix systems. This may lead to product breakdown, and you may find that in invalidates your insurance. I wouldn't recommend it on clients for these reasons.

2) Having said that, there are people who have tried mixing systems on their own nails with no ill effects, and there are lots of Google posts from people saying they do this all the time with no problems. But, see 1) above - I am not sure its worth risking your professional reputation by doing it.

So if I try mixing 2 brands on my own nails and get good results should i assume that that those 2 brands are compatible? and if lets say they are i could try doing it to clients?

I would still not do it on clients. The reasons being:

1) It will likely invalidate your insurance.

2) If a client is paying for say, a Shellac service, then they have a right to expect Shellac. They aren't paying for a say, Shellac with a bit of Gelish service.

Ultimately it's your business and your call, but mixing systems is not recommended for the reasons above and not least because the results cannot be guaranteed.

Thank you, your answer has been very helpful :)

Hello, I am new here and so far i am loving this forum, I have recently finished my training and i am slowly trying to spread my wings into the profession.
Having like i said recently started i am not full equipped with all the colors and brands in gels and stuff, i have bought the gelish system for structure and top coat and a couple of colors for french, my question is can i use a color from a different brand in soak off gel in between the gelish base and top? Ordering gelish colors takes a long while to get to me plus i can not find all the colors i want in their collection, but i have found some in other collections and i don't know if i should get any or not.

Can I ask where your ordering your Gelish from that it's taking so long to get to you?

HNH not only says you can use other systems' colours, it advertises it. So using a colour with Gelish base and top is within the manufacturer's instructions.

I do think you ave to be careful in communicating with clients however. If you use another brand's colour, you can't call it a Gelish manicure anymore.

Latest posts

Back