Soak off gels for strength?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi pls bare with me as just thinking aloud!
I use shellac and a few gelish/ibd however for some clients (mainly those who won't help themselves) it is not lasting and have therefore given up having it ( losing me clients) I've tried Brisa lite smoothing but didn't find this much better so think I really need to have a stronger option for these ladies. What r my options? I did a gel extensions course a long long time ago but it was not a good one so I never did them and I don't really want to get in to extending at the mo. I heard Brisa sculpting is not around for much longer so no point in trying this one. Thanks for any advice [emoji3] X

I've used Skyscraper builder gel for overlays on my heavy handed clients and its brilliant. There's also a glass that you can use over the colour before you apply topcoat for super heavy handed clients.

It can be purchased from the Creative Beauty Group x

Gel polish is just not suitable for all nail types. instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, why not consider offering a more suitable service to your clients such as hard gel or liquid and powder.

Good training and education is vital. People who are trying so hard to make gel polish work for them when they have weak nails often don't realise a good set of gel of liquid and powder can looks extremely natural and last much longer for them.

This is a set of liquid and powder nails on a client who couldn't get gel polish to work for her for longer than 7-9 days, she now gets 3 weeks wear :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453637596.390721.jpg

That's what I was asking ( prob not explaining very well) lol a gel that is not gel polish that I can use for an overlay but is soak off not buff off, I have seen nsi secrets gel I might try this, I am fine with an overlay but would need more training to extend, infill, remove etc ( which I just can't afford at the mo however I will in the future) as you say everyone hears about gel polish and think it's a wonder product but it's really not suited to some clients including myself!

Latest posts

Back