SOAK-OFF GELS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone on the board use soak-off gels :?:

Hi Gloria,

I have used a soak off gel called Reflex available from
www.nailsplusbeauty.com

I am not really a gel person but I found it soaked off well.

HI "naturalnails".
Considering you are not a nail person ;) , how did you like it? Did it feel very rubbery? Did it soak off quicker then L&P?

Check out my new pictures:

http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/shoebox.msnw

Anna from Toronto said:
HI "naturalnails".
Considering you are not a nail person ;) , how did you like it? Did it feel very rubbery? Did it soak off quicker then L&P?

I dont understand the comment about me not being a nail person.

Never mind - I did find the Reflex more flexible than L&P. It did soak off in about 20 minutes in the QS bowl. This is about the same as L&P.

Sorry :shock: I meant "gel" person! So sorry!

:D
That's alright Anna - no probs.

Hi Fiona, I'm using Calgel at the moment and doing sculpts with it.Its a one component self-level.Does Reflex come with a builder-gel? I'd be interested to know what these are like to use as up to yet I've only tried Calgel. Been doing French with them but preferred the look of clear and white instead of 'pink & white' trouble is when they start to grow out and I come to backfill the now clear smile-line I cant get the new white to blend with the old properly :x Any advice for a struggling novice would be greatly appreciated :) Thanx.

Hi Gloria,

Reflex is a one component gel rather than a 3 phase one. I would use 3 coats - 1st thin, 2nd - slighty thicker, then refine then 3rd - thin.

As I said before I do a lot more acrylics than gels so I cant really help but I imagine you would need to get all of the clear gel "trenched" back virtually to the natural nail - as in acrylic french backfills - to get a good result with the white. I hope this makes sense.

Contact Karen at http://www.nailsplusbeauty.com and I am sure she will be able to help you. Reflex is available in a sample sized pot for you to try. Sorry I dont know how much they are.

Good luck.

Glorsclaws said:
Hi Fiona, I'm using Calgel at the moment and doing sculpts with it.Its a one component self-level.Does Reflex come with a builder-gel? I'd be interested to know what these are like to use as up to yet I've only tried Calgel. Been doing French with them but preferred the look of clear and white instead of 'pink & white' trouble is when they start to grow out and I come to backfill the now clear smile-line I cant get the new white to blend with the old properly :x Any advice for a struggling novice would be greatly appreciated :) Thanx.

HI Gloria,

I have some info on gel backfills on my website (step by step pictures)
Hope they help:

http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/shoebox.msnw

Hi Anna, Thanks for your response,I have visited your site 8) theres plenty awesome pics there to inspire me -I'll be back there soon :)

HowdA....

99% of true gels that soak off are actually cyanoacrylates (resins/adhesives).

If it truly is UV cured, and soaks off... then it is a very porous gel. in that case I would really be interested in the long term performance.
Have you seen any discolourisation? Any brittleness? Excessive curling? Lemme know...

Look forward to your reply

99% of true gels that soak off are actually Cynanoacrylates (resins/adhesives)
Hi Geek, Glad to see you back :) The gel I'm using at the moment is termed by the manufacturer as 'permeable'. Its contents are listed as; Polyacrylic Ester Resin, Photo Initiator, MEMQ,and Acrylated Oilgomer. The white does discolour slightly over time when doing 'French' but not too bad. We use a top coat called Calcrystal that is supposed to help prevent yellowing from ultra-violet rays, I slap it on like a good girl every 3 or 4 days as advised.Up to now I've experienced no brittleness as the gel stays soft and flexible.All my clients -I mean my few clients :oops: have chosen to have p&w so I finally decided to use the coloured gel on my own nails to see how it looked. I went for a rather daring (and a bit gaudy) version of p&w, using red with black tips with rhinestones embedded under a layer of clear topcoat. It was my idea of being creative but, it was such hard work! the red was fabulous to use but the black was a disappointment because it didnt matter how well I mixed or how many layers -it doesnt look true black :evil: Maybe gel-nail art is not for me. Anyway I'm starting to waffle :oops: so I'll pop-off now before you fall asleep

cool. Keep us up to date on how it goes.
BTW: permeable in this context is refering to porosity (for anyone curious)

toodels

I'm a new one to the world of nail extensions and I'm currently training at my local college. I found that star nails have brought out a new gel which soaks off. :D Only problem being, the top coat gel (Quattro) doesn't! :( It means you have to buff off the top layer but the rest soaks off easily. Hope this helps! :eyesore:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back