Soak off hard gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiki-uk

Reaction score
Hellooo,
I currently do Gel extensions using NSI, but I HATE the fact that it's file off! I want to use a soak off gel instead. I know NSI do one, and I have looked at the Calgel conversion course (it's just not particularly close to me so travel and accommodation adds to the cost). I just wondered what peoples opinions and experiences are?
Thanks in advance, :)

Hellooo,
I currently do Gel extensions using NSI, but I HATE the fact that it's file off! I want to use a soak off gel instead. I know NSI do one, and I have looked at the Calgel conversion course (it's just not particularly close to me so travel and accommodation adds to the cost). I just wondered what peoples opinions and experiences are?
Thanks in advance, :)
I've tried SKYSCRAPER and although its a great sift gel i wouldn't recommend it for extentions , just for overlay

NSI Secrets gel is lovely to work with. I've used it for enhancements with no problems.

I've tried SKYSCRAPER and although its a great sift gel i wouldn't recommend it for extentions , just for overlay
I thought Skyscraper did a soak off hard gel that was used for extensions too

I thought Skyscraper did a soak off hard gel that was used for extensions too
Ive tried to do a sculpt extention with the SKYSCRAPER foundation and it went really soft in heat , i wouldn't recommend it for a extension personally , but great for overlay

Ive tried to do a sculpt extention with the SKYSCRAPER foundation and it went really soft in heat , i wouldn't recommend it for a extension personally , but great for overlay
Also i dont think there is a soak off hard gel ?? Soak offs are soft gels i believe

Thanks for all your replies! Might have to give the secrets gel a try! :) x

Also i dont think there is a soak off hard gel ?? Soak offs are soft gels i believe
Cnd have Brisa Lite sculpting gel which is a soak off hard gel that I started to use this year but they recently stated that next year it will be discontinued!! Typical.

I
Cnd have Brisa Lite sculpting gel which is a soak off hard gel that I started to use this year but they recently stated that next year it will be discontinued!! Typical.
Ohh yes forgot was gonna try this system but heard it was being discontinued so didnt bother x

I use Skyscraper for extensions and overlays.
It is a hard gel but it has more flexibility than a traditional non soak off hard gel (hence a poster saying it feels soft).
But I use Skyscraper for extensions (short to medium length almonds) and not one of my ladies has had any problems with it.
There was one client who always used to have a traditional hard gel and always came back with lifting and a cracked nail. She's recently started coming back to me again and I did her extensions with Skyscraper. At the follow up appointment she said she noticed that they felt not has hard! I said "how do you know?" she says "when I bite down on them I can feel it!!!!"
Ahhh so that's why she always had problems with her other sets, she's a picker/nibbles......Bloody clients!

Anyway, no Skyscraper is not rock hard like normal hard gels but it stays put, I have a lot less lifting, clients love it and if there is a problem you can soak it off, normal hard gels you have to file the lift off and there is always the risk of filing the natural nail which I hated :(
It's been a great addition to my salon, one that I wouldn't be without :)

BTW I've been deep cleaning my kitchen using spray cleaner and a little bleach and I forgot to wear gloves (I know I know :( )
I have Gel II on all of my natural nails and a Skyscraper extension on my thumb and it's fine....perfect.

Thank you for such an in depth reply! I might have to look into this! Do you use tips or sculpt? I like the idea of as much kindness to natural nails as possible, which is why I want to come away from file off hard gel!
Is the gel II gel polish good aswell? :) x

Ohh i thought it was a soft gel ? It is a great product , especially ehen you soak it off the natural nail underneath is in great condition, i have just used it as overlay , i just couldn't get it right on a extension? But im still practising AGAIN with nails so still a novice

Im abit gutted i can't get to u
I use Skyscraper for extensions and overlays.
It is a hard gel but it has more flexibility than a traditional non soak off hard gel (hence a poster saying it feels soft).
But I use Skyscraper for extensions (short to medium length almonds) and not one of my ladies has had any problems with it.
There was one client who always used to have a traditional hard gel and always came back with lifting and a cracked nail. She's recently started coming back to me again and I did her extensions with Skyscraper. At the follow up appointment she said she noticed that they felt not has hard! I said "how do you know?" she says "when I bite down on them I can feel it!!!!"
Ahhh so that's why she always had problems with her other sets, she's a picker/nibbles......Bloody clients!

Anyway, no Skyscraper is not rock hard like normal hard gels but it stays put, I have a lot less lifting, clients love it and if there is a problem you can soak it off, normal hard gels you have to file the lift off and there is always the risk of filing the natural nail which I hated :(
It's been a great addition to my salon, one that I wouldn't be without :)

BTW I've been deep cleaning my kitchen using spray cleaner and a little bleach and I forgot to wear gloves (I know I know :( )
I have Gel II on all of my natural nails and a Skyscraper extension on my thumb and it's fine....perfect.
im gutted i can't get to upload a photo showing JUST HOW FLEXIBLE skyscraper is , in the heat ,( i had ny hand near my car heater and it went like RUBBER i could literally bend it and it touched the tip of my finger , ( yes with abit of pressure ) but it was pretty Hard when cold, I PERSONALLY didn't like how it went soft, each to their own i suppose, upon saying that , i do like it for overlays, and atm i am trialling it on myself by using NSI hard gel. For extending and doing infils with SKYSCRAPER in the hope of continuing to have the SKYSCRAPER as overlay, xx i hear LA PALM are bringing out a HARD GEL too , so hoping ths will be more suitable for me as i do love their products

When I do gel extensions I too use NSI Secrets. I extend with it and don't have problems with breakages etc. I even put Gelish over it for colour.
You do need to know your clients nails. Some clients are better off with acrylic, some better with gel. Just check what your clients do with their hands, their jobs/careers etc.

Latest posts

Back