Soak off prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly bundy

Reaction score
Hey, do you charge to soak of your Ilac/shellac,polish pro if they are having a new colour??? I charge if not having another application but wondered if you done a complimentary if re applying?? Or half price etc

Hey, do you charge to soak of your Ilac/shellac,polish pro if they are having a new colour??? I charge if not having another application but wondered if you done a complimentary if re applying?? Or half price etc
Hi, I charge £10 for individual soak off but free with reapplication if regulars or half price if not regulars. I think I may start to charge even with re application though as it does take so much extra time! Good topic!!

For Gelish, £5 for soak off and £22 for application. Coincidentally I had a new client calling me today wanting to bargain the price down as she found a place where they do soak off and application for £18 - too cheap in my area even for Gelish. I told her that those are my prices and they are non negotiable and you get what you pay for in this industry - take it or leave it.

Hi, I charge £10 for individual soak off but free with reapplication if regulars or half price if not regulars. I think I may start to charge even with re application though as it does take so much extra time! Good topic!!

Unfortunately clients don't realise that in this process, improper removal can damage the nail hence the extra price on removal. But yes it is a good topic!

I work with shellac and always wondered this.....so hard but all in all it does take 15 mins I think to take off ...then to do the new application, seems as though we are working that time for free, although I do usually wrap then do the tea n coffee thing then ready to scrape, but still has always been a thought!

I charge £7 for removal but free if they return ... It's just to keep them coming back really, like a loyalty bonus

No charge for removal, I factor it into the application costs, 99% of the time they are coming back for reapplication anyway. If they are not I remove for free anyway as I'd rather do that than let the pick/peel/whatever then have a bad opinion of the product, for what takes me 15 minutes and leaves a great impression of me and CND Shellac.

I cost removal into the application price.
If they only want a removal then it's a minimum £5 spend.
So for example if they have their eyebrows done (£5) then no charge for the removal. I did this so that if a client came with shellac on from another salon I wouldn't be doing it for free.
I also state on my price list a charge of £10 for removal of other systems as these can sometimes take forever!

Mine is included in the price. But does it actually take 15 minutes? I am pretty sure wit me it takes up to 25-30.. Maybe I am doing something wrong... :confused: and I use Express 5 so it should be quicker..

Clients LOVE getting stuff done for free, so I include removal in my initial price. However in saying that I DO charge for acrylic soak off due to the time it takes.

I charge £25 for application and this includes a free removal whether they have reapplication or not I've factored it into the cost. No one else near me offers free removal so it makes me stand out. However I charge £10 to soak off any one else's work from another salon .

I have alway charge for soak off, however I provide other perks. Service punch card that allow my my clients to redeem 3 services.

Latest posts

Back