Soak off problem with gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Only been joined for 5 mins and just keep thinking of loads of questins I have already. I'm finishing my gel course in 2 weeks and we use The Edge products at the moment but, i'm having a nightmare removing a set of extensions there are not soaking off in acetone, I have to buff them off which is taking ages ? Any suggestions ? Is there any other products out there in gels that soak off easier ? :eek:

I don't use the edge so I just wanted to ask are you using soak-off gel or buff-off gel? If it's not soak-off gel, the only way to remove it is filing. The easiest way is to use a rough grit file (like 100/180) just to file down the bulk, and gradually move down to finer grit files as you get closer to the natural nail and use a buffer block at the very end. Unfortunately, for gel enhancement with tips, buff off gel gives the best result. Soak off gels are only good for natural overlay or applying over enhancements as they aren't as strong as buff off gel to support tips and extensions. Hope that helps.

Aw thanks, I have found out that it is a buff off not soak off, so will just need to live with filing it off, Any good soak off gels that you recommend ?

Will you be offering gel extensions? If so, you will still need to rely on buff off gel for that, or take up a course in l&p as l&p CAN be soaked off. This is just in case you have clients who want or need instant length as oppose to waiting for their natural nails to grow.

For soak off gels and gel polishes, the site has many many posts from users with reviews and inquiries for all the top professional brands on the market (Gelish, bio sculpture, OPI axxium and gelcolor, Mani Q, Gellux, Geleration to name a few). Have a go at the search bar and see which one tickles your fancy :)

Thanks chickafish for taking the time to reply. I'm not sure yet if i'm going to offer nail extension as hate removal of the buff off so much at the moment. I'm not sure whether to offer soak off gel on the toes for things like twinkle toes or not ? Are these easy to soak off ? :Scared:

Latest posts

Back