Soak off then new set

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodacious

Reaction score
When you do a soak off then put a new set/overlay on do you charge for the soak off????

most salons round my area charge £5 for a soak off if havin a new set and £15 or a soak off and manicure hope this helps

Most of the salons around me do a free soak off if they are putting on a new set. They charge around £10 if its for a removal only and some £15 if it's a removal with mini manicure.

Hope this helps
Heather

Thanks guys, I wondered what others do as you are still doing work on top off the work for a new set (if you know what I mean)

All the salons around here charge for a removal regardless of whether you are having another full set put on or not. I charge £10 for a removal. After all, your time is money so why should you be doing it for nothing??

Hope this helps.

I charge £10 for a soak off, but only £5 if i'm putting another set straight back on.

Hope this helps

mandy_moo_64 said:
I charge £10 for a soak off, but only £5 if i'm putting another set straight back on.

Hope this helps
Hey Mand, i'm obviously meaner than you are! I charge £10 regardless of whether they're having new or not!! Far as i'm concerned i give enough freebies in one way or another ;)

I am going to charge £10 as I find that a soak off does invlove more time if they are stubborn and you still are giving them a manicure after to tidy nails up.

I have to say that's one thing i haven't included in my price list yet. I'm actually redesigning mine so will add this. Have to say i wasn't sure what people round here charge as noone sems to put it down.

I think £10 sounds reasonable to me, and do you include a manicure after that Caz?

talented talons said:
I have to say that's one thing i haven't included in my price list yet. I'm actually redesigning mine so will add this. Have to say i wasn't sure what people round here charge as noone sems to put it down.

I think £10 sounds reasonable to me, and do you include a manicure after that Caz?
Well i've never had anybody not want a full set afterwards so it would be the cost of the removal then the full set but if they just wanted a manicure afterwards i'd charge them the usual price for that as well - keep tellin' ya this is business!!!!!!

If it is just a soak off then I am charging £20 and that does include a manicure

Bodacious said:
If it is just a soak off then I am charging £20 and that does include a manicure
you're getting the hang of this, hunny! I charge more coz i've got to cater for only just outside London prices!!

Well you could say I am fed up with giving stuff away for free! AND after reading some very good advice on here I no longer do, if the nails are fine when they leave the salon then any damage is at thier cost not mine.

Bodacious said:
Well you could say I am fed up with giving stuff away for free! AND after reading some very good advice on here I no longer do, if the nails are fine when they leave the salon then any damage is at thier cost not mine.
Go girl!!

Okay Hun, i know its business, will chat to you tomorrow about prices as redesigning my price list at the moment to incorporate Fibreglass......i can't wait!!

talented talons said:
Okay Hun, i know its business, will chat to you tomorrow about prices as redesigning my price list at the moment to incorporate Fibreglass......i can't wait!!
Where ya bin girl???

I actually don't charge for a soak off. I took the decision that I would rather the client came back to have them removed safely than not.

I have a policy that if within the first 2 days they decide they are not suitable for their lifestyle then I will remove them free of charge.

I have never needed to do a soak off and new set straight away. I have done soak offs very rarely when the client wants to have their own nails manicured for whatever reason - I do the soak off and manicure and only charge for the manicure.

I know not many of you will agree with this but I felt it made good business sense and it also lets the clients see how their nails are after a proper removal.

Look at it from the clients point of view - if they can't afford to have their nails maintained for instance, then they may baulk at the idea of spending £10 or whatever to have them removed - they might as well wait until they grow off or fall off and then they might tell all of their friends that those acrylic nails did all this damage to her nails LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back