Soaking hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiara08

Reaction score
Hi Geeks , Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for soaking hands during manicure. At the minute we are just using a plastic bowl - finding it really awkward for doing exfoliation and doesn't look the best. What does everybody do - Any advice/new ideas would be appreciated!:)

I've been looking for something interesting for a manicure bowl too! The only one I've found that is a bit fancy is a mother of pearl one from salon services. It looks really nice but aparently there's special care you have to take to look after it! Eeek!

I get my manicure bowls from either Ellisons or Beauty Express

I have given up using glass bowls they break often. I found a nice deep pretty looking bowl and just use that but I would prefer a little buzzy one like they use for feet.

I got one off eBay that has led lights and does bubbles too! It's like a little hand jacuzzi!

Can I ask how you to the exfoliation section of the manicure (washing after) u don't feel comfortable asking them to go do the sink.
How do you make the removal of exfoliant look and feel professional
And relaxing?

I find using the flat sponges works nicely to remove scrub and using a salt or sugar scrub works well as it dissolves with water instead of a scrub with crushed apricot kernels for example. Also I like the idea of using a small facial brush to work scrub into the hands and think this would aid removal aswell.

I use warmed towels to wipe it off. I keep them in a food steamer believe it or not. Just wipe the arms and hands down until clean. You could also keep a spray bottle on hand with some warm water in. That also helps.

I use individually wrapped disposable towels which are heated in a towel heater. Nice and luxurious and saves on washing towels.

Latest posts

Back