Soaking off Creative Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil-Geek

Reaction score
Hi my 1st time posting so I hope this is ok.....

I have been soaking off any nails by wrapping the nail in cotton wool soaked in acetone and wrapped around the clients fingers with tin foil and leave for 15 mins.

I have found that this doesnt even slightly melt the acrylic! I much prefer using soaking pots however I have the exact same problem and some clients dont like this way as it can cause some of them cramp. I have tried and tested all different acetones and am finding I am spending far to long sat waiting for the nails to soak off let alone the poor client sat there 2!

Does any1 have any suggestions please....??

Thank you

Hi my 1st time posting so I hope this is ok.....

I have been soaking off any nails by wrapping the nail in cotton wool soaked in acetone and wrapped around the clients fingers with tin foil and leave for 15 mins.

I have found that this doesnt even slightly melt the acrylic! I much prefer using soaking pots however I have the exact same problem and some clients dont like this way as it can cause some of them cramp. I have tried and tested all different acetones and am finding I am spending far to long sat waiting for the nails to soak off let alone the poor client sat there 2!

Does any1 have any suggestions please....??

Thank you

Are you buffing over the L&P with a file so break the shine and seal? When you do your L&P are you putting some form of top coat over the top that is causing a barrier as you should certainly see a difference in the soak off after 15 minutes with the tin foil method.

Hi thanks for you replies

I usualy use a wet look top coat. B4 I soak off the nails I always remove this or any other varnish they may have on. I rough up the nail before I soak them, perhaps I need to rough them up a little more!

Thank you

xx

why are you needing to soak off.

if your nails are not surviving from one rebalance to another then it could be time to re think your application techniques.

i have ladies who have not had a full soak off for literaly years.

Thanks for your reply

Im having a real hard time with my lifting no matter how good I do my prep and to be honest im spending far 2 much time on it and im having to offer a new set. Its not ideal and its costly but i dont want to give up!

Thanks for your reply

Im having a real hard time with my lifting no matter how good I do my prep and to be honest im spending far 2 much time on it and im having to offer a new set. Its not ideal and its costly but i dont want to give up!

no, dont give up.
we all have lifting when we are starting out.
the biggest cause of lifting is insufficient prep, but there are other factors too.
check that you are not getting product on the skin, there should be a little margin all around the side walls and eponichium that is free from acrylic.
also my big problem when i started out was product too thick at the cuticle. this means that the extension will be too ridgid and when pressure is applied at the tip end, the whole thing will 'see-saw' and lift in zone 3.
check also that tips are not too long for the clients level of activity as this will cause problems too.

first thing to do is go to the navigation bar and find the tutorial section.
there is a lot of help in there, start with prep and then move on from there.
to check if your prep is sufficient , after you have completed it apply a little more cuticle remover and wait 2 minutes before using a tool to remove cuticle again. if some is still coming off, then you were not as thorough as you thought.

you'll get there eventually, learn as much as you can from the site.:D

Last edited:
follow what angel fingers has just said and your lifting would have vanished.........i was the same kept getting lifting....i done all that angel fingers said and i got better each set i done....good luck hun you will get there xxxxxxxx

another two important things are spot on ratio and remember to PRESS those beads out, really ensure the bead is making contact. Ruth (nails in london) has a good rhyme that i always remember..PRESS FOR SUCCESS!
Until i had sorted the above out, i still hadn't conquered lifting...although having said that, some clients still are more prone to lifting, it helps again to book those in every two weeks.

Awww dont give up babe..or you will have a mass geeky riot on your hands :lol:

really though...keep at it, and the first time you have a client come back after the dreaded 3 weeks or even 4 weeks :eek: (yep it sure happens) and there is still NO sign of lifting ....it will be one of your happiest moments I promise...

Read up on all the info you can on here, It will click into place soon enough babe :hug:

Thanks i too am having trouble with lifting l&ps i have a lady coming back today second time still lifting. I am going to soak off and try gel, do some people just not suit l&p.x

Latest posts

Back