soaking off enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy_moo_64

Reaction score
I've read somewhere that you should add a few drops of oil to the tip remover when removing enhancements to stop the skin drying out too much ......but what sort of oil should i be adding? almond oil?

I've got a lady coming in tomorrow who's had a lousy set of tips put on her nails, and she wants them all removing, and a set of sculpted acrylics putting on, so if anyone's got any advice,let me know!

Thanks

It's not necessary to add oil if using tip remover, but if you want to it won't hurt. A little almond oil would be perfect or solarOil or cuticle oil of some sort. Basically it sits on the top and when the fingers are pulled out it reduces the signs of dehydration.

Thanks, Geeg. I thought it was almond oil! I don't usually do a lot of soak-offs, but this lady's are in a REALLY bad way, so i don't want to cause any more distress to her poor nails.

Thanks!

Hi Mandy,

I only use a drop of oil when removing a clients srtificial nails if they are not having a new set applied. I find that if i add oil to the water when removing nails, then try to put a new set straight back on i seem to have problems, mainly due to the oil on the nail plate, when you really want the nail plate to e free of oil as much as possible.

Hope this is of some help.

Michelle.

hi pinkshell

Don't you find it dehydrates their nails too much if you don't use any oil?

My clients always seem to 'panic' when they see that their fingers have gone 'white' !!!

I understand what you're saying about it leaving too much oil on their nails, so how would you get rid of the 'whiteness' before doing a new set of nails on them?

Thanx!

geeg said:
.... the signs of dehydration.

This frightens me also, the signs are so obvious why do some people say no harm is done.

If the person has dry, brittle nails naturally and I do this I am "killing" thier nails and I don't want to con them to boot?

I prefer to recommend a course of natural nail treatments.

hi

when your clients enhancements have been removed get her to wash her hands, the nails and skin will be dehydrated but only tempararily. When i first started doing nails many moons ago we were taught to use acetone to dehydrate the nails and to use it to help blend tips in!!!
Thank god things have moved on from those days!!!
I massage oil into the clients nail bed and surrounding skin and its fine. Then wipe off and prep as usual a thorough scrub with scrubfresh is all is required.

Hiya Mandy,

Yes you are right about it leaving a chalky residue on the nail plate, what i do is wipe over the nail plate with a lintfree pad with a splash of water on, then i use creative cuticle remover to remove cuticle/non-living tissue on the nail plate, then proceed with my usual prep( scrubfresh and the like).
I dont have any problems, i always lather on the solar oil at the end of my treatment and give my client a pinkee size free if it their first set, and sell them one for 2pounds if its not their first set.

Hope this helps a little

Michelle.x

thanx for all your advice ...... i was just a bit concerned about doing any more damage to this poor lady's hands , before i even get to put her new enhancements on ..... i'd love to know how some so-called salons getaway with saying they're nail techs, when it's SO obvious my 10 year old son coul;d probably have done a better job, and they leave other techs to sort out their mess !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back