Soaking off EZ Flow / OPI Acrylic???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Hey there fellow Geeks, i have an interesting question for you all.

I am an EZ Flow girl through and through and have never had problems soaking EZ Flow's acrylic off if ever i have needed to. (which isn't often to be honest) It would normally take around 30-40 minutes to soak off a complete set.

The other day, i was asked to do a soak off of someone's acrylic as she didn't like them and had been to Debenhams originally to have them done. She said they used all OPI products and it was their L&P that she had on. So i did the usual thing, roughed up the surface of the nails, took off any length i could off of the tips without shortening her own nails, then put some acetone in 2 small dishes, which had marbles in the bottom. Then these two dishes are put in a larger dish which has hot water in them so it will speed up the soak off.

It took over an hour to get these suckers off! I was even using one of my prep tools to ease off any jellyfied L&P to hope to speed things along, but it still took over the hour and even then i had to gently buff the last bit smooth as it was taking so long and the client was needing to go out.

I wanted to know if anyone out there has used OPI's L&P and if they have ever experienced this difficulty with it. Or, if they know for definite what the nail salons in Debenhams use?? It may not be OPI's L&P, but everything else they use is.

Someone please help.

do you think they may have had a gel top coat on that you didnt remove enough to let them soak ?

were they really thick?

it does seem like a heck of a long time. perhaps she was fibbing about where she got them done?

They weren't very thick and i had really used an abrasive file to make sure i etched enough into the L&P.

She could've lied i suppose, but i can't see a reason she would lie to me.

It is a long time to just soak off, the thing i wondered about was if she had been to a NSS place as white tips had been used, but she said the reason she didn't want to go back, was the tech there didn't like doing infills so did a complete soak off every 6 weeks!

Maybe they were NSS, but they didn't smell as strong as they do when being soaked off.

Still don't know??

They weren't very thick and i had really used an abrasive file to make sure i etched enough into the L&P.

She could've lied i suppose, but i can't see a reason she would lie to me.

It is a long time to just soak off, the thing i wondered about was if she had been to a NSS place as white tips had been used, but she said the reason she didn't want to go back, was the tech there didn't like doing infills so did a complete soak off every 6 weeks!

Maybe they were NSS, but they didn't smell as strong as they do when being soaked off.

Still don't know??

hmmmm, very strange.
maybe it will always be one of lifes eternal mysteries:lol:
i hope you dont get many more like that.

why didnt you just rebalance, were they too far gone ?

Hiya,
Debenhams are teamed up with New York City Nails - which is all OPI - so if she did go there it would have been OPI.

Hiya,
Debenhams are teamed up with New York City Nails - which is all OPI - so if she did go there it would have been OPI.

Thanks amirose, this is what i thought, which is why i was surprised at the L&p soak off time.

She had a soak off as she didn't want the nails on anymore, so i did them for her. I ended up doing gel toes instead.

Oh well, maybe its just one of those things.

Thanks for your help guys.

Latest posts

Back