Soaking off method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estherlou

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a couple of soak off this week, up till now I have been soaking nails in little bowls with acetone, it takes ages, it smells and seems very wasteful.:rolleyes:.
I've heard a couple of you mention about using foil and wrapping the fingers, do you use cotton pad soaked, is that enough to break the acrylic down, do you heat too?
any advice would be fab.
Just thought if I could do this method I could move client to pedi chair for a massage or something:)
thanks

I use the tin foil method with a small amount of cotton pad soaked with product remover and then wrapped in tin foil. If the clients hands tend to be cold I wrap them in a warm towel too.

Some clients hands warm up better though with a cup of tea of coffee in their hands which they can still do with this method.

I use the tin foil method with a small amount of cotton pad soaked with product remover and then wrapped in tin foil. If the clients hands tend to be cold I wrap them in a warm towel too.

Some clients hands warm up better though with a cup of tea of coffee in their hands which they can still do with this method.

thanks for the reply hun, had a rough idea of what to do but wanted to check x will be nice for them to have a cuppa too, without making the treatment take twice as long:lol: xx

Before you wrap there fingers in the foil and cotton pad remove the shine from the enhancements, it speeds things up a little hth

Before you wrap there fingers in the foil and cotton pad remove the shine from the enhancements, it speeds things up a little hth

Yes - sorry forgot to add that bit. :lol: Well done Loubylou x x x

thanks hun, i do do that already does help them along a bit doesn't it.

also i've heard a couple of people mention putting oil on the cuticle before a soak off does this slow the process at all?
thanks

thanks hun, i do do that already does help them along a bit doesn't it.

also i've heard a couple of people mention putting oil on the cuticle before a soak off does this slow the process at all?
thanks

Don't think so Esther, just helps them not get tooo dehydrated. Make sure the foils are fairly tight round the fingers hun, if they accidentally jiggle round, you could be sitting there waiting while the acetone totally dehydrates the pad of the finger instead of the nail lol, I've had this happen before! :lol: This is where Oey's towel method is useful cos they can't fiddle . . . but not as nice as having a cuppa! (Spose you could always get them a straw lmao)

This is where Oey's towel method is useful cos they can't fiddle . . . but not as nice as having a cuppa! (Spose you could always get them a straw lmao)

Now thats a thought! :lol:

Latest posts

Back