Soaking off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailqueen1

Reaction score
hi i was wondering what ways all you geeks use to soak off acrylic? i wrap mine with a soaked acetone pad and silver foil. x

I use one of those quicksoak bowls, that you put warm water in, its like a hot water bottle, the acetone removes acrylic quicker when its warm, heard about the way you do it but never tried it.

sam

I use product remover (from mundo) in a bowl inside another bowl of warm water. I prefer it to the cotton buds as I can remove the product while still immersed and I find it a lot quicker.

for a full soak off i use a bowl within a bowl of hot water and for just a couple of fingers i do the foil wrap method.
if i want to soak my own off i wrap them and put on a couple of pairs of rubber gloves and then go and do something else for a while.
the gloves hold the foil on well and also make my hands hot so it helps the remover work. i generally go off and do some cleaning that would otherwise risk ruining my nails.

I use the foil method and then put the hands in plastic bags and then into heated mitts.

for a full soak off i use a bowl within a bowl of hot water and for just a couple of fingers i do the foil wrap method.
if i want to soak my own off i wrap them and put on a couple of pairs of rubber gloves and then go and do something else for a while.
the gloves hold the foil on well and also make my hands hot so it helps the remover work. i generally go off and do some cleaning that would otherwise risk ruining my nails.

:lol: I like that idea i hate soaking off my own nails seems to take forever:green:

:lol: I like that idea i hate soaking off my own nails seems to take forever:green:

i'm very very impatient with mine if i put them in a bowl to soak off.
i always end up with a bit of picking and levering and then regret it coz i trashed my nails. the time seems to go much more quicly if i can get on with something else whilst i wait.

I use both methods, for the foil I use a heated wheat bag to put the hands under. Heat is definatly the key to a fast soak off.

Kelly x

For my own nails i use the foil so im not restricted to sitting in the one place for ages. For most of my clients i use a bowl with acetone but if they have tan on i also use foil as some of the tan seems to come off when using the bowl.

I use cotton pads and foil because it is easier when you are mobile. x

I use the finger bowls into another bowl of warm water. Sometimes I use the foil method for a couple of fingers, all depends on what needs doing. I do like the idea of putting hands into plastic bags and into heated mitts....why didnt I think of that?! lol xx

Just a thought but when my son was a baby we used a travel bottle warmer, its a gel filled pack with a metal disc that when you snap the gel heats up. Its reusable, perhaps could be useful if you're mobile. I bought mine from a pound shop but there are lots for sale on the net.

Just an idea!

Kelly x

Latest posts

Back