Social media & coronavirus

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy_Lu

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m sure we must all be in the same boat with social media. There’s hundreds of articles telling us to keep on top of posting throughout lock down even though we have no nails pictures to post.

So what do we post? I thought it might be helpful to start a thread with peoples ideas because I’m struggling!

For example, I’ve just seen an account that I follow has done a post on her morning routine - not just beauty, but the kind of exercise or meditation she does etc. Then asks her followers what their routine looks like. I thought that was a nice way to engage with followers outside of our usual kind of posts.

Any ideas anyone? Xx

Hi, I’m struggling too so all I’ve been doing so far is sharing some of the posts from brands that I use, for example:

Images of products that I would usually retail.

What brands might be doing to help with the crisis, for example my skincare brand is making hand gel - got quite a few responses from this post x

I've posted new things I've bought for my business, pics of my nails, pics of nail art I've been practising x

Pictures of you practicing.

Can you make 3d flowers? How about making a little video of that.

Do a slideshow of your most popular looks.

Funny memes "sneaking to the nail lady during lockdown" while covered in a fake tree costume".

How to safely remove/maintain nails.

Reiterate homecare. Use more oil due to sanitiser/increased washing drying them out.

Offer soak off kits.

Throwback posts.

Pictures of things you've bought.

Ask how they are coping with being locked down.

Would you prefer this set or that set and post a few pictures.

Latest posts

Back