Social media help wanted!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrea j

Reaction score
Morning everyone,

I really want to get on the whole social media thing! I have a business Facebook page and Instagram account but rarely use them particularly the Instagram. I post offers to Facebook but feel I need to do more.

Those of you that use Instagram, do your clients mind you taking pictures of their hair and using the images on social media? Do you feel it brings you more business?

Any advice you can give me on making social media work would be massively appreciated!

Thanks, Andrea

Most of my business is from social media...none of my clients object to photos but alot of them ask not to get their face in it which is fine [emoji4] x

I’ve not had a problem with it, more problems with me remembering to do the before pics. People just want to relax so I don’t always get my camera out but if it’s a first time brow appt or lashes I will. I find it really helps with the end result and how happy the client is as they can see in front of them what their brows looked like before and the improvement as they can be a big change sometimes, eg when you are used to seeing little tiny sparse hairs and the tint shows that actually they are really quite full.

It definitely brings me more business, the older ladies liked seeing mature makeup and would want exact replicas of previous work. With brows I get wow I loved the photos on Instagram. Instagram so is effective!

Thank you. I think I just need to be a bit more confident and ask to take photos! And like has been said remember to take them before and get them uploaded.

A consistent social media campaign is a good place start. Only a very small percentage of your social media followers will see your posts unless you get some engagement going (likes, shares, comments. When this happens, the social media platforms start showing your posts to more people, so it's important to think about the content of your posts and what you want people to do with them.

I run a business that offers social media services to salons, so if you want to have a chat, feel free to get in touch.

Latest posts

Back