Social media page

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nurse2dermelle

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just wondering what others do really and what you have found worked for you...
I mainly do my advertising and get clients through social media, some of them are ex work colleagues but a couple are just people who have seen my page through others. I see all the time adverts popping up about enhancing your social media, 10 things you should do to attract clients etc, so I signed up to a free one just to see what it was about, and it was a lot of 'post this interactive post, post an inspiring post, post a quote' etc, and seems much more driven to network marketing rather than small businesses.
What do you think of that approach? I don't feel it's right for my business, I don't want to be having to post quotes and inspiring pictures etc, because I feel like I want people to be able to scroll through my page and see photos of what I do (dermaplaning and chemical peels).
What have you found works for you on social media? More of the 'interactive' posts or just keeping it mainly business based?
Sorry for long post! Just want to make sure I'm using social media as much to my advantage as possible.

Social media is an absolute hit and miss. People have made entire careers on Facebook adds for example. They are very hard to learn. I once spent 4 months learning facebook adds just for it to change the algorithm. Its the same with YouTube, Instagram. EVERYTHING! The sad part is that Social Media is here to stay, so we have to get with it and its a very powerful tool to drive clients to you. Its something you have to be on top of constantly to keep your ratings high. The best piece of advice I can give is just to start YouTubing how to do stuff for free yourself. Stuff that will just take you 5 - 10 minutes a day. Learn about hashtags so that you get traffic to your social media pages. Create a community and give things for FREE that don't cost you anything like Advice. Memes. Getting into the latest trend right at the beginning is also important so that you get the revenue for it. Some trends only last a short time, so you have a short time to learn it and sell it before people lose interest. Others will stay staples within your field especially if you do them well and your clients get good results. You have to test different things out for your audience to see what works and go for it. Be fluid with it and realise when you need to change and adapt your approach. Be prepared to think outside the box and learn things that maybe you've never been comfortable learning. A lot of people have a problem selling themselves and creating that competitive edge for example. If you can't do it. Get someone else who knows you well to do it.
Hope this helps
Nicky xx

Latest posts

Back