Soft Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hmm wierd one this...did a client last night and one pink the acrylic was soft when I filed it, now I now she uses acetone free polish remover (cause I sold it her) and it was out on the side...

Any ideas gang what could have cuased this I have never seen it before I could file it off as it was so flexible and rubbery... :|

If you use too much nail polish remover it makes the acrylic go soft. Geeg wrote a piece about it a few weeks back.

In my capacity of Sherlock Holmes, i think Vicky might be right coz if the polish remover was on the side, the chances are she'd only just taken off the nail polish so it was a little softened and hadnt had a chance to harden.

I have to say i agree, also if you keep chanding your nail polish, it will break the L&P down, so it will be soft as said previously.

talented talons said:
I have to say i agree, also if you keep chanding your nail polish, it will break the L&P down, so it will be soft as said previously.
She had nail art on for 3 weeks so only took the polish off that day - so I am surprised it could have broken it down so fast...yikes

Fab Freak said:
She had nail art on for 3 weeks so only took the polish off that day - so I am surprised it could have broken it down so fast...yikes
Which makes me even more think that she'd only just removed it!!!

Carole Lindsay said:
Which makes me even more think that she'd only just removed it!!!

I cant understand this theory of one time useage effecting the L&P - yes it the client changes their polish daily...what interesting is I change my polish/nail art every 5th day sometimes sooner but it has never effected my L&P nails - I wonder if its down to a combination of things?

Fab Freak said:
I cant understand this theory of one time useage effecting the L&P - yes it the client changes their polish daily...what interesting is I change my polish/nail art every 5th day sometimes sooner but it has never effected my L&P nails - I wonder if its down to a combination of things?
Beats me too! :confused: I think this might be another one for the masters dont you??

Carole Lindsay said:
Beats me too! :confused: I think this might be another one for the masters dont you??

Yep - think they are all in bed after Boot Camp

Fab Freak said:
Yep - think they are all in bed after Boot Camp
Yeah, that's definitely the feeling i'm getting! It's mighty quiet out there!!!! We'll have to either shout louder or else wait for their alarm clocks to go off ;)

Not all non-acetone removers contain the same solvents!!

Some non acetone removers can affect a product more than others. It depends on what she has used and how much of it she has used and how long she has rubbed away at at the product etc. But I feel sure it is the remover at the root of the probelm.

Latest posts

Back