Soft boiled eggs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetasanut69

Reaction score
Hi random post but as i sit here eating my breakfast I ask for help. My soft boiled eggs are either rock hard or totally uncooked. How do you cook the perfect dippy egg.

ps. Soilders must have marmite on! :wink2:

Sorry I can't help really as I go hell for leather and cook them til you could break a window with them lol, but this thread made me smile on a rubbish morning so thanks! :)

I think this is best way
Put eggs in cold water
Bring to boil
Simmer for three mins
Then there ready, I done this yesterday and perfect! (well almost)
X x

Thank you for this post! I'm rubbish at boiling eggs! Lol

Why is boiling an egg so hard!
I can make a lovely lemon meringue but getting a perfect chicky egg is a tricky one!😳x

I think this is best way
Put eggs in cold water
Bring to boil
Simmer for three mins
Then there ready, I done this yesterday and perfect! (well almost)
X x

This is how I do it to and all my family say I make the best boiled eggs!

When the three minutes are up put them in a bowl of cold water to stop them cooking further, then take the top off one and check if they're done. If they're not cooked enough you can put the top back on and pop them back in the pan for 30 seconds or so xxx

This is how I do it to and all my family say I make the best boiled eggs!

When the three minutes are up put them in a bowl of cold water to stop them cooking further, then take the top off one and check if they're done. If they're not cooked enough you can put the top back on and pop them back in the pan for 30 seconds or so xxx

Ahhh the cold water at the end will make all the difference :)
Thanks for that x

I can burn water !!!!

You can buy machines that cook the perrrrfect dippy egg!

Google it!

I for one will be investing soon haha xx

I can burn water !!!!

Haha me aswell!

to the OP- i love marmite! I've never heard of having it with eggs though, the next thing to try :) xxx

I have an app called my perfect egg timer... might be a bit sad but eggs are now perfect every time! You put in the size of egg, temperature (as in fridge or cupboard), altitude and how you like your eggs.

Absolute genius in my opinion lol

Lindsey x

I use this little egg thing you put in with them and bit changes colour throughout so you know when it's perfect :) never failed me.... I fancy a egg now.... Lol x

I can't comment in how to make a good egg only how to make a bad one lol

I boil the ass out of mine he he x

I have an app called my perfect egg timer... might be a bit sad but eggs are now perfect every time! You put in the size of egg, temperature (as in fridge or cupboard), altitude and how you like your eggs.

Absolute genius in my opinion lol

Lindsey x

Bit sad! Sounds amazing 😄I'll be having a look for that one x x

I use this little egg thing you put in with them and bit changes colour throughout so you know when it's perfect :) never failed me.... I fancy a egg now.... Lol x

My thoughts egg actly 😉🍳x

Bit sad! Sounds amazing 😄I'll be having a look for that one x x

Haha had to reread my post there forgot I said 'bit sad' Lmao x

Haha had to reread my post there forgot I said 'bit sad' Lmao x

Whoops glad u read it as you would of thought I was a right cheeky thing!
😳😉xx

Think I've been reading too many posts about supposed bitchyness lol need to read some happy feel good posts ;) xx

Think I've been reading too many posts about supposed bitchyness lol need to read some happy feel good posts ;) xx

Ahh I no what you mean, mind I need to find the egg app as Strangely been having chicky eggs a lot this week! And want the perfect one, like the cold water tip x x

Chicky eggs? Lol ah the cold tip is a must! Stops it cooking further in its shell xx

Latest posts

Back