Soft white smiles/natural overlay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotnailz

Reaction score
Right, here we are again!

I used natural well-less tips, then used CND soft white for the smiles and then natural from the Custom Blend kit I've just bought.

Can you see any improvement from last time? I still think they look a bit bulbous at the sides and too thick at the tip. They look ok at the time but as soon as I see the photos I've taken, I always think "DOH!"

Fire away.......:green:

ps. on the close up of the 3 nails, the yellow discolouration is curry stains.....mucky mare!

Attachments

• nails 011.jpg
    nails 011.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,799
  • nails 013.jpg
    nails 013.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,447
Hi i think the ones at the bottom of the page look better than the origionals, because i think the origionals looked a little bulky on the tips. i hope thats what you were looking for as a reply. xxxxx:lol:

Lovely colors. The shape is good. But in the first pic, if you look at her left hand, you can see that the apex is a bit too far forward. This would be the cause of the hips looking "bulgy". What's probably happening is A. You're setting your zone 2 bead too close to the smile line, then pulling too much over zone 1 or B. You're working too wet and the apex isn't staying where you put it. Try working a bit dryer if that's the case (your bead going flat before your start to work with it) or set the bead a bit farther back into zone 2 and then just lightly pull it over zone 1. Also, the free edges are a bit bulky and differ from nail to nail. There are a couple things you can do to fix this too: A. Your forms might not be fitting snuggly and you're getting seepage B. Your brush angle is not consistent. Aim it at almost a 45 degree angle so the tip is tapered at the free edge, but high enough to build the apex against at the smile line. There's a tutorial on here about brush control and angles you might want to check out and C. Turn your clients palms towards them and then turn the fingers down. This way you see down the barrel and perfect the top surface into a nice C, where the outsides taper down. You can evenly file straight toward the client in a downward motion to thin the tip a bit also.

HTHs
Jess

oh, ratings were:
Length 4
Shape 3
Sidewalls and edges 3
Apex Placement 2
Smile Line 4
Use of colour 5

Latest posts

Back