sol glo training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixieguk

Reaction score
went on my spray tan training yesterday with Sol Glo!! didnt think it was great though, more of a sales pitch than training. the machine that sol glo are selling in their kit (£700) is an earlex hv 3000 (I saw the model number sticker as the trainer was showing us the filter sponge underneath). but I emailed earlex about this model after hearing its available in argos for £69. and they replied that it is not a spray tan machine, hasnt been tested for this purpose and would render any gaurantee useless. The over spray seemed quite alot and im thinking of going with a tantrick system.

any comments?

The tantrick solution is very nice.

Celebrity Secrets solution is good also and I bought my minimist through MikeApollo (geek name) cheaper than through tantrick and I have been very happy with both the minimist and the solution. There is no harm though trying a variety of solutions.

If you want any more details, pm me.

Hiya

Got my training booked with Tantrick tomorrow!
I have the minimist sytem and I have had alittle play with it
and think its great. Great colour, no overspray, and dries really quick too!

Hopefully after my training tomorrow I can really get going on it!
Just thought I would share that with you all teehee

I use Amber Mist. The solution is great and the colour is fab. Haven't had any complaints so far (touch wood). No odour and hardly any overspray, I can't praise it enough, but then it's only my opinion and everyone likes their own systems. You can buy the whole kit, in a large carry case inc compressor, solution etc for around £200 I think (I bought back in March and have ben asleep since the!). If you want more info etc pm me.

I started with an Earlex from Argos, plus a smaller needle bought directly from Earlex.

It works fine. But you waste a lot of solution.

I now have a MiniMist, and it's SOOOO much better - a precision machine compared to the Earlex.

Kinda glad I got the Earlex, as I really appreciate what I have now!

Oh, and SolGlo's application method is wasteful too...

got my mini mist odered and the cubicle which is half price with sol glo - £50 instead of £100!!!! (not a pop up tent style, a cubicle with rubber floor - I found it better than the pop up type.) still undecided on the soloution, theres sooooo many

i dont do spray tanning (im a paley!) but tara who rents space in my salon does and she has moved over to fake bake for her tanning products
i think she trained with the spray tan cubicle company (altho dont quote me there and i know she has a minimist machine
you mite find this tanning forum helpful too
Spray Tan Fan

Jess
xox

got my mini mist odered and the cubicle which is half price with sol glo - £50 instead of £100!!!! (not a pop up tent style, a cubicle with rubber floor - I found it better than the pop up type.) still undecided on the soloution, theres sooooo many

have you got a website to see the cubicle you ordered
thanks
ali

Spray tan cublicle also do the mini mist and their solution sienna sun is really nice too. There starter kits are brill and includes the cubicle.

It is a good idea to shop around to find the right system for you and your business, companies will have different packages. Tantrick's MiniMist on its own is £235 + vat, the pop up cubicle is £99 + vat, complete package including training is £530 + vat.

Look out for minimum reorder quantities as we noticed a company in the GMEX show selling a similar HVLP machine as ours but doing "better deals" on them - what they didn't tell you was their minimum solution order was in excess of £250!

My advice to you is to do your homework, look at recommendations, customer service, support and training policies etc

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back