Solar Butter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh do do do - if you think of all the famous double acts:

Fred and Ginger
Morcambe and Wise
The two Ronnies
Chas and Dave (Sorry I'm struggling now!!)

Well I think Solar Mani and Solar Butter should just damn well join that list.

Pray tell O Geek of Nails, what is Solar Mani without Solar Butter (I know, I know.........it's quite happy on it's own, but tell me this, what could be better for a pair of tired, garden chapped hands than a plop of Solar Mani and then the piece de resistence (?) blob of Solar Butter!)

Let's get this thing sorted and give Solar Butter the retail opening it deserves :shock: :shock:

Devious Dellie has now left the building 8)

PS. 0.7oz pots

Peppercorn Nails

Reaction score
I invested in a retail box of 20g pots of Solar Manicure. Well it has to be said my clients' can't get enough of them - fantastic!! However, what I would like to know is, are you going to be doing the same size pots of Solar Butter as it's just the perfect way to get clients hooked.

At £2.80 per pot the clients just can't refuse. Please, please, please say yes ;)

Desperate Dellie :shock:

Right, so before I get knocked off this blooming page, forever to be forgotten, I'm gonna try my old friend Anna's trick and bump it back up the page :?

I await a reply with baited breath 8)

Die Hard Dellie

Not sure about that... I am assuming you mean the itty bitty pots (my concept of 'grams' kind of sucks... im an American OUNCE kind o guy ;) )
SolarButter and SolarManicure all come in the same sizes, though I have only seen the itty bitty pots for SolarManicure (there are small sachets of SolarButter I have seen about though)

Ill check into it for you and pass your requests on to Marketing in the US.

Toodles

SolarButter has appeared in the little pots as a 'Christmas Favour' promotion in the past I think. But Dellie, IF your clients love it so much then it is much more economical for them to buy the larger size AND more money for your business to sell it to them that way.

I agree the cute little pots are a great way of promoting the product, so is using it on your clients as a final gesture before they depart.

You'll just have to stock up at Christmas or when you see them, for the whole year, because they only come out once a year!!! ;)

Hey Geeg

I know what you're saying about cost economics, but that's what soooooo good about the littlies. I sell the next size up for £11.00 which is great when I get a sale. Unfortunately alot of people are put off by this and would rather buy Nutragena or some stuff from Avon at 1/2 the price.

Now by stocking the wee babies they're cheap enough for a client to buy as an add on and get well and truely hooked, and once thats happened then you can invite them to buy a bigger more economical size.

Sometimes you have to remember that not every nail technician is working from a big town where people are not adverse to spending more than £5.00 on a product. I live in a little village in Suffolk, yes there is still money around but my mark up will have to be less than somebody running a salon in London, therefore, that's where these little retail pots are just fantastic.

Please, please keep thinking about it, if only to humour me ;)

Dellie

Dellie, I know where you are coming from! My clients do buy a little bit of retail but they don't want to spend a lot on it. I too live/work from a small village and because people here see nail treatments as a major 'treat' they can't normally afford to splash out on products too. And no amount of education/ telling them that their nails will last better with the stuff will make them buy it. :(

If a client already has the pot and is running low or it is empty could you possibly fill it up from your bottle and charge them for it? Or could you get some little pots yourself and fill them with the product and sell or give your clients to get them hooked on it. I'm not 100% that you would be able to do this for regulation reasons but prehaps Geeg or Mr or Mrs Geek would tell you if you are allowed to do this or if it breaks any retail laws? :oops:

Strictly speaking you are not allowed to repackage. Hygene laws and copyright as the products are all TM and Registered.

Actually, there is no law against dispensing from Salon Stock into a client's OWN bottle as long as the salon stock you use is ONLY used for this purpose and the spatulas you use to dispense are new and clean every time. The product must not come into contact with human hands (until the client get it home anyway. :) ) Clients need to be made aware that if their own bottle is not scrupulously clean - the product could become contaminated.

You can make a good return on your original stock by doing this especially if you charge the same amount as the little baby bottles.

Thanks for clearing that up Geeg!

It can be so confusing with all the rules and regualtions but when hygene and contamination is concerned its worth checking the can and cants with the experts! ;)

Hi Tracey

Good idea.......but I would still like to see the Solar Butter in those cutsie pots.

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPlease don't dismiss us smaller outlets as one day we might just become one of your bigger ones :tongue:

Determined Dellie :salute:

It has always been our philosophy that our smaller customers ARE our MOST important customers and we try to partner with them to grow their businesses because they ARE our future. One reason you will never see minimum orders required by Designer Nails .. If you only need 1 nail enamel then that is what you'll get.

Hi Geeg

How fab is Solar Manicure/Butter?! I am a total addict!

I'm doublessly being a bit dumb but what I wanted to ask is where you would personally incorporate it into a manicure - after completing all the soaking, cuticle work etc and prior to polish (having squeeked the nails)?

It has always been our philosophy that our smaller customers ARE our MOST important customers and we try to partner with them to grow their businesses because they ARE our future

Does that mean to say that you will give my small pots consideration?

Adele

Does that mean to say that you will give my small pots consideration?

Already onto it :)

where you would personally incorporate it into a manicure - after completing all the soaking, cuticle work etc and prior to polish (having squeeked the nails)

You can really incorporate it anywhere... Either finish with it (after enamel) oruse it with finishing lotion (mix the two together for final massage)

HTH's

Just heard back from CND...

The tiny pots are availible for Christmas Favours... They ship around October... Better buy up... they will only do them once a year :)

Thanks for trying Geeko, really appreciate it.

Still think it's a damn shame though ;)

Dellie

Okay, I have got a question for somebody then.

Would you sell Solar Manicure, Solar Butter and Solar Oil together if possible? Because we were told to try and sell Solar Oil to all our Customers, so what can I tell my clients about the other two that will make them want to buy it? :?

I also provide Spa Manicure as a service, would you provide a Solar Manicure as a service for customers as well? And if so, what is different about the two? :oops:

This might sound like a stupid question, but I am just starting and so I want to have all my facts straight. :)

Thank You

I would never overload a client with too many things at once.

All the items you mention do different things. Have you tried them??

Solar 1 minute manicure is a miracle! Use for one minute and your hands feel baby soft. Clients can't believe the difference.
Follow with SolarButter intense moisturiser.
This manicure is a quick fix manicure and does not compare to the luxury treatment of the SpaManicure Service which is a complete 'facial' for hands and lower arms and takes approx 50 minutes to an hour. So the answer to your question is YES I would certainly offer both.

As for good old SolarOil - this is a must have for every client whether they wear enahncements or have natural nails. And if you Have done Creative Training then you can't fail to know the benefits of SolarOil ... can you?

No I have never used the Solar Manicure or the Butter, but I am going to go and buy some now today so thank you.

And as for the benefits of Solar Oil, that is one thing that I will never forget because I used to chant it over and over in my head so that I wouldn't forget for my exam! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back