Solar comedones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What an elightening thread this is! I've never come across this type of comedone either. Would you just treat them as if they were regular comodones? I expect you'd have to be very careful on an elderly client if you were using a comedone extractor...those things hurt!!

Do let us know how you get on with this.

Fab link. I wouldn't have picked pic 2 as being solar comedones. I've never treated a client with them. I do think they should taught about more though. I only learnt about them earlier this year when I did a skin analysis class with Nimue (Aust).

Hi there,

I had a look into this because I never knew what they were and my grandma has got them.

I found a couple of pictures for you.:)

Solar comedones. DermNet NZ

I hadnt heard of them either...but I had seen them - just assumed they were just commedones.

Tell you what tho - I would love to have a squeeze of those bad boys!!!

Tell you what tho - I would love to have a squeeze of those bad boys!!!

lol!!:lol::lol::lol:

I bet its really satisfying.:green:

lol my college tutor said you know you are in the right job when you want to squeeze any comedone or spot in sight... that's me down to a tee and a few of you lot too me thinks!! lol!!

lol!!:lol::lol::lol:

I bet its really satisfying.:green:

OMG when those babies pop it really is very satisfying! More so than any other spot I've extracted! I don't use a metal extractor though, they are torture instruments. I place a piece of tissue around each index finger, stretch the skin around the comedone and then gently ease it out. So much more comfortable for the client.

Sorry skin geeks,but i just can't imagine paying anyone to squeeze my zits :lol:

I am so dying t get a client with thee babies now! Here comes my 2 pieces of tissue - and eye mask of course!

I am so dying t get a client with thee babies now! Here comes my 2 pieces of tissue - and eye mask of course!

pmsl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God I wish I was a skin geek!!
My gran had these and I always wanted to get her in headlock and squeeze them.
In a nice way obviously...:lol:
I've missed my way in life I think...

lol, no its really satisfying, i think so anyway, but i havent had one that smells - i dont thank that would be so satisfying?!
I have never had a client with comedones that smell,never even heard of them smelling tbh:eek:

hehe who'd of thought this thread would cause so much talk!?

we should form a squeezing society - with eye masks of course - hey oey?!

hehe who'd of thought this thread would cause so much talk!?

we should form a squeezing society - with eye masks of course - hey oey?!
and gas masks from the sounds of it
:eek:

My mother in law had a facial when I was at beauty school, she had a very deep rooted black comedone which I extracted and it did smell a bit I recall..! what a funny thread. Of course I'm not laughing at the poor people who have these!

no of course there is no laughing, this is a good thread because really we shouldnt be extracting what we dont really understand, and so now we all know - as I learnt on a course today knowledge is confidence!

Yes gas masks will be standard when you sign up!!!

Just remember to keep your mouth shut too when sqeezing these! :eek:

Oooooh yuk,those deep ones are blighters as well,you almost feel you gotta get your feet up on their shoulders to lever it out,had a nightmare one on Friday,thought I was going to cause an indent on her face for life lol,client wasn't phased though,just wanted it out.

I'm not a skin geek like I say but bring it....ok I'm obsessed with squeezing other peoples blackheads etc...its gone on for many years I just can't help myself..where the hell is my pukey smiley?
My brother only said yesterday that he had a small lump on his back..he regretted mentioning it by the time I'd finished:)
OK it may be the pain thing to men..not 100% sure but I like it all the same:eek:

i'm fascinated by this.
i now realise my late uncle had some on his cheekbone area.
but what i dont understand is how the sun causes them, can anyone explain ?

Latest posts

Back