Solar Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lcollins

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard of Solar Gel?

My friend came over from the states and said it was a new overlay over there. A liquid and powder is used. It looks a lot like Acrylic but not as thick and took ages to soak off!!

Do they use this in the uk? if so, what is it like?

Please let me know..

Thanks

Lynn

I seem to remember that several NSS's using MMA were calling them 'Solar' nails (which kind of pisses me off)....
If it was a liquid mixed with a powder and it didnt really soak off very well...
My guess would be MMA.

'Solarnail' and solar products is a name that is registered with Creative so don't get confused that this was a Creative product.
It wasn't!

The funny thing that even in the Midlands, some NSS are telling everyone that they are using Creative it's even on their flyers. But guess what? They are not!!!
Remember there will always be someone who will make it cheaper and finish with less finess and thoses people who use their services are welcome. I am sure that you are not on that playing field. But we should all be singing from the same score sheet when we are advising our clients
The real question should be why has Creative not produced/released a Gel System? :twisted:
I think I know the answer (it just ain't good enough yet). Pretty sure the techno boffs! will do something in the future if not for us then to show the world not only can they produce one it's the best one.
I am waiting with my loyal companion 'me brush' aptly named mine.
No rush though we are still wrestling with those damm mosaics..
Looking forward to all the answers that will come flooding in....
:D

Marco said:
The real question should be why has Creative not produced/released a Gel System? :twisted:

:D

I may not be understanding you :shock: but Creative DO have a gel system. It is called Faze, I have used it for a few years now and it is brilliant :thumbsup:

Just thought I would mention this!!!

Where have I been the last few years? Asleep? Knocked out by the fumes of my Monomer?! :D I had NO clue CND had a gel system! By golly, if'n I had I would've tried it by now. I had been wonderin' myself when CND was going to develop and release their own gel sytem. Anyone got any info on this system? I need to be enlightened here folks! :shock:

Sorry everyone ... there is a bit of confusion here.

Faze is a gel system distributed by DesignerNails in the UK.
Designer Nails is the UK distributor for Creative Nail Design.
Faze is not a Creative product ... neither is the Fabric# wrap system but both are sometimes thought to be Creative products because they are distributed by the same supplier.

Both are excellent systems that are worthy of being thought Creative but they are not.

Surely if an nss was saying they used creative couldn't that lead to legal action? even on the watchdog programme there was a creative poster on the wall of the dodgy salon - naughty - talk about giving a sense of false security. That is misleading the customers and there is a law for that!!!!

The Nail Geek said:
I seem to remember that several NSS's using MMA were calling them 'Solar' nails (which kind of pisses me off)....
If it was a liquid mixed with a powder and it didnt really soak off very well...
My guess would be MMA.

Grand Master Geek!

Thought MMA was totally band in the USA? :shock:

Will mention this to my friend and make sure she checks with her salon...

I am a new geek and you are my first reply...

Thanks alot! :D

smiler13334 said:
Surely if an nss was saying they used Creative couldn't that lead to legal action? even on the watchdog programme there was a Creative poster on the wall of the dodgy salon - naughty -

Many people who choose not to use Creative products do choose to use Creative Artwork!! If they think their art work is so classy, they should try their products!! :D :D

I suppose claiming to use Creative products in a NSS could lead to legal action ... but who has the time ... or the money to pursue this type of thing?? We can't be the industry police even though many thing we should be.

Our focus is to serve our hard working customers. It is up to health and safety to catch these NSS and put them out of business or make them get educated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back