Solar-Messy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Can anyone advise as to how best to use the solarmanicure? I recieved most of my bits from Creative for my manicures and am itching to get using it all! Trouble is I had a go at using the solarmanicure on my hubby and the crystals go absolutely everywhere and it seems quite dry. I did stir the contents before to evenly distribute the oil in it but it seems very awkward to use and I wondered if anyone else is finding the same or if you have any solutions to the use of it.

I was a bit disapointed as I really would like to use it but as I will be going mobile I need to find an easy way of using it. I had to go and get my hubby to wash it off and I wasn't happy with the idea of getting my client to get half way through a treatment to rinse it off. As I won't be carrying a large bowl to rinse clients hands/arms I'm a bit stumped on how to get round it.

I made sure I had a towel underneath and used another towel to try and take the crystals off but they still went everywhere!!

Sorry if this all sounds a bit petty :oops: but I need some help!

Also just as an afterthought. The nail enamels. How long are they supposed to take to dry. I'm finding that they are touch dry quite quikly but are remaining soft and you can scrape the polish off with your nail!

I'm not putting it on thickly so I was wondering how long it takes for it to go hard all the way through, or if there is a product that is brill for drying it all the way through. (I had tried the solar speed dry)

I have been told that Dry & Shine is good and some is on its way so I will try that. Unfortunately I did ask about whether they are discontinuing it and they definitely said they were! I asked why and they said that it does not sell well enough! I will be very disapointed as even though I haven't tried it yet I have watched the manicure video for the spa manicure and it looks a fab product to use. - can you use it on the natural nail too that does not have enamel on?

Any way I would love to know if you ladies out there think the product should not be discontinued?

Right! I think I've probably bored you all to death or completely confused you with my waffle! :oops: But any advice would be welcomed grately!!!

Tamm

hi Tamm,

I have not used the Solar Manicure but I have used very similar products and yes they are messy, the idea is that the crystals are used to exfoliate thus helping the skin to absorb the oils. The only alternative would be a product with aha's as an exfoliator - this would be less messy - whatever exfoliator you use, there will always be some kind of washing off. I am sure your clients wont mind washing in the middle of your treatment.

As to varnish - I always finish with a quick drying top coat - I currently use a Poshe one or Jessica Brilliance - only because I have stock. If you want someting to buy through Designer Nails then try Out the Door - I wait for one minute after the top coat then spray with Solar Speed and my clients leave 3 minutes later - not had too many probs with this.

Dry & Shine is a fantastic product but the good news is ... that the same ingredient contained in it, that speeds up the solvent evaporation in enamel, is also contained in the newer more user friendly Solar Speed Spray!!

SolarSpeed Spray also contains SolarOil and will help soften the cuticles and surrounding skin at the same time. So you won't be missing your Dry & Shine too much I'm sure.

Try Spa Manicure! !!!!!!

I love this stuff. It is exfoliating but not messy at all.
First you apply the green crystals and then the yellow activator. The activator dissolves the crystals and creates a beautiful rich cream, that I leave on for couple of minutes as mask and then remove it with hot towels.
This is one of the best products I have used :D

I actually have little problem with Solar Manicure - try this; scoop some into your hand using the tips of your fingers; rub your own hands together to disperse the product and then take your clients hand and gently rub and massage her hand between both of yours - this really works and isn't that messy at all!! When you have finished both hands, ask your client to rinse the sea salt off (rinse only, don't wash) - then when they return, massage the residue oil into the hands!! PERFECTO!! Hope this helps a little ;)

Well talk about 'right place at the right time'!! I wanted some advice on how to use SolarManicure at my Priory Wives demo on Thursday and Mrs Geek has just come to my rescue without knowing it...Thanks Mrs Geek...did you have a nice holiday? Only 40 days until I go to Florida for 3 weeks...can't wait :D

mrs geek said:
I actually have little problem with Solar Manicure - try this; scoop some into your hand using the tips of your fingers; rub your own hands together to disperse the product and then take your clients hand and gently rub and massage her hand between both of yours - this really works and isn't that messy at all!! When you have finished both hands, ask your client to rinse the sea salt off (rinse only, don't wash) - then when they return, massage the residue oil into the hands!! PERFECTO!! Hope this helps a little ;)

Thanks for that, I will have a go and see if it does the trick! I'll try it on my hubby!

Tamm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back