Solar oil as eye cream?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thiicknseskii

Reaction score
Does anyone use solar oil in the eye area and how did it go??
Iv tried a few moisturizing eye creams and they all burn and sting! i have wrinkles from the area being dehydrated (i think) since im only 18. Will solar oil even be okay in the eye area?

I can't say about the soalr oil (although looking at the ingredients I think it would be fine - Doug Schoon is probably the man to ask). I have been doing a lot of research into oils at the moment and extra virgin coconut oil is meant to be FANTASTIC for all hair and skin needs. It has to be EXTRA VIRGIN though becasue it contains more antioxidents which is better for your skin.

Here is a cutting of some of the info I've found:

Most commercial creams and lotions are predominantly water. Their moisture is quickly absorbed into dry, wrinkled skin. As the water enters the skin, it expands the tissues, like filling a balloon with water, so that wrinkles fade away and the skin feels smoother. But this is only temporary. As soon as the water evaporates or is carried away by the blood stream, the dry, wrinkled skin returns. No matter how hard you try people will never be able to permanently cure dry, wrinkled skin with any commercial body lotion or body care products. Besides the water, most lotions have an oil of some type. This oil is almost always a highly refined vegetable oil devoid of all natural protective antioxidants – Extra Virgin Organic Coconut oil is rich in these antioxidants.

I don't know how true it all is in the long term, but I use it on my hair and it's great!

I've used Solar oil on my face and neck for ages now....while my hands and face are wet i put a drop of oil in my hands..rub them together and massage into my face...then pat dry with a towel. x

Oooh new trick to battle nature with I am always on the look out for them!! Silly question, but would lotion work as well or not does it have to be the pure oil?

well sorry to put a dampner on things but i wouldn't put any cream that was not an eye cream around the eye area. Eye creams are specifically tested for use on that area to avoid reactions which can be really nasty. Also the skin is much thinner round the eyes and something too rich can cause puffiness. It is possible that some people use it and love it but i would get some definate go ahead from someone in the know before i tried it myself.

I suffer terrible with skin irritations and now iv started to put a tiny bit of solar oil before bed on my top eye lid as it seams to ease the stinging.Ill watch this thread to see what other geeks advice,good thread! x

I can recommend Herbal Eye Cream from Eminence...it's all organic, contains no water and is a dream to use. My clients love it.

Thanks soo much for the replies :hug:. Iv tried coconut oil but it was really hard to pat down so gave up :irked: and i dont think Australia has Eminence?
I'll buy some solar oil...it wont hurt to try.

Do you apply the eye creams properly? They should only be applied around where the bone is, not right up to the eye.

Really ???

I apply it all the way from the bone, right up to under my eye and outside of my eye ......

Why should you only apply it to the bone area ?

Marlise

Really ???

I apply it all the way from the bone, right up to under my eye and outside of my eye ......

Why should you only apply it to the bone area ?

Marlise

eye creams are usually very light and by applying along but the bone they find their own way to the eye area without you having to work too close to the eye.Most skin care companies teach their therapists to apply this way.

I agree with only applying eye creams to the bone...it also helps if you use a gentle patting motion with your ring finger (least pressure) to alleviate any puffiness. Go from the inside of the eye outwards, right the way to your hair line to tackle any crows feet in the makings!

So if I apply it right under my eye, is that a bad thing ?

Marlise

Overloading the eye area with cream e.g going right up to the lower eye lid, will cause puffy looking eyes, exactly what you are trying to avoid, as the eye area absorbs any creams very easily. Also rubbing on the delicate skin can stretch it. Plus it's a waste as the cream will spread there anyway when applied to the orbital bone. :hug:

Overloading the eye area with cream e.g going right up to the lower eye lid, will cause puffy looking eyes, exactly what you are trying to avoid, as the eye area absorbs any creams very easily. Also rubbing on the delicate skin can stretch it. Plus it's a waste as the cream will spread there anyway when applied to the orbital bone. :hug:

Well said, weezie!
I'd be a bit cautious about applying solar oil to the eye area purely because it's quite perfumed and so it has the potential to cause irritation more than a product specifically for the eye area.

I'm sure I remember a post by Geeg a while ago saying that she's been using it around her eyes for years - and she looks fab!

Using oil based products (no matter how natural they are!) around the eye area can lead to milia, which look a whole lot worse than a few fine lines!
Nothing tackles dehydrated skin better than drinking plenty of water.:green:

I'm sure I remember a post by Geeg a while ago saying that she's been using it around her eyes for years - and she looks fab!

Yep, that was on a thread I had started about solar nail oil. She swears by it. Says she still doesn't have a single wrinkle.

I love the stuff also, used it fro awhile after she suggested it. It soaks in nicely without leaving a greasy feeling.

Using oil based products (no matter how natural they are!) around the eye area can lead to milia, which look a whole lot worse than a few fine lines! Jojoba oil would be ok though.
Nothing tackles dehydrated skin better than drinking plenty of water.:green:
Water really is the best thing, if your skin is lacking water, no amount of oil will help it.

Latest posts

Back