Solar Oil - How Do You Apply??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
Just before bed last night when I was applying my Solar Oil I got to thinking how I was using it (weird I know)! anyway I usually apply it on the cuticle area and rub in, then sometimes I apply it like a polish and rub in! Then I thought am I using enough or too little?? I mean is a small amount enough or is it the more the better :cool: it it neccesary to cake it on! :lol:

Well when i did use it i used to brush it all the way around my cuticle and side walls, by the time i had got to the last finger it had time to sit and i then used to rub up, around and down the other side then with what was on my fingers i rubbed into my nail. I did this everyday.

Sadly its one of those little luxurys i dont have time for now so gets put on the back burner.

Ive even placed solar oil on my bedside table with good intentions of using before i fall asleep but its not happening, my eyes are closed before my head hits the pillow at the moment lol

I know exactly what you mean lol, I usually do it last thing at night in the kitchen when i'm tidying up, but I have been known to take it up to the bathroom and use it whilst on the toilet :eek::eek: Well at least it's getting used :lol::lol:

I was told I have to apply solar oil 3 times a day.
Do you think this is a bit much as I always forget!

That's perfect! more if u can :)
But how much on each application should we be using??

That's perfect! more if u can :)
But how much on each application should we be using??

It really doesn't matter !! There is no rule as to amount. You fingers do not need to be caked in it or feel greasy. It absorbs into the skin immediately and A little goes a long way as with any top quality product.

Everyone has time to use Solar Oil! NO excuses!!

Keeping it near the loo is a good idea. I keep mine in a box of nail goodies near my chair in my TV room. There is always some point in the day where I catch the news and I apply Solar Oil at that time in front of the telly.

It's at the side of my bed & I apply it around the cuticle and side walls and apply all 10 and then go back & rub in.
If I have a nno as I do at the moment, on my left hand, then I also apply it underneath so my natural nail gets some at the free edge.

It's a ritual I just do without thinking now. The I apply my excema ointment & diprobase and have to lay there with my hands in the air untill it's absorbed.

Only time I don't do it is if I've had a little G & T!

I always suggest to my clients after the initail 24hr applications, that it would be best applied at night then it's got time to do it's stuff bdefore your hands get wet again in the morning.

I carry mines in my handbag and I brush it onto my cuticles and rub it in

I agree with Gigi there is no excuse to not use it

So come on geek let's practice what we preach!

I tell my clients to keep their bottle by their toothbrush to remind them to do it twice a day and incorporate it into their morning and evening routine: Brush teeth, wash face, solar oil. I just use one drop on mine as when its rubbed in its enough for the whole nail and cuticle.

I dont tell my clients to only use one drop, if they want to paint it on and use more solar oil thats fine with me.

i was taught to also put some under the free edge so it absorbs under there too....ive always done this at a treatment and recommend clients to do it at home too, i also do it for mine too.

Latest posts

Back