Solar oil / Toughen Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindag

Reaction score
Would Solar Oil defete the purpose of Toughen Up ?

I'm no good at the technical explanation, so hopefully geeg will help you there, but I believe the two products complement each other. The solar oil to help promote the growth and the toughen up to strengthen the new growth. I have certainly promoted these two products together so I really hope I'm on the right track!

Do-it-all Deb said:
I'm no good at the technical explanation, so hopefully geeg will help you there, but I believe the two products complement each other. The solar oil to help promote the growth and the toughen up to strengthen the new growth. I have certainly promoted these two products together so I really hope I'm on the right track!
Deb hit the nail on the head, Solar oil helps promote flexibility and the moisture content, while Toughen up helps reinforce the structure of the natural nail. They are meant to go together.

Just wanted to ask, i'm probably gonna sound really dense now,( nothing unusual there then..lol) But i presume you would use these products when performing a manicure? Are they really good as haven't had a chance yet to use them??

Yes Talented Talons, ideal to use within a manicure, but of course the real benefits come from retailing these products so that the client is using them on a regular basis. Once the strength in the nail has been reached then I believe that you should stop using Toughen up and go on to a normal base coat, but to continue using the solar oil forever!

What I am unsure of is how often Toughen up should be used for maximum benefit and if it should be removed each time and replaced or if you should add layers before removal at a later stage. At the moment I am busking it, so advice on this would be great!

I searched for a thread like this, because I am currently using Toughen Up and Solar Oil together. I'm trying to recover from a l&p training (Continuing Education)with Creative. You know how it is when you're in class and you have to pair up with someone......you never know how experienced that tech is....well, let's just say my nails are wrecked. One hand is wrecked, and the otherhand is beautiful...lol. I NEVER wear enhancements, I am totally into taking care of my own natural nails, and I just got them long, healthy, flexible, and gorgeous. Even though the woman used the proper grits, I did soak the nails off after the class, because it was only one hand done, and I just don't wear them. I hope the Toughen Up works. I have used many different strengtheners, and I'm always looking for something else. Thanks Guys.

Just to recap and clarify...

ToughenUp will add cross links to the nail plate which will strengthen it (It does this with a patented ingredient called DMU instead of formaldehyde).

SolarOil will increase the flexability in the nail plate.

The stronger you make something, the more important it is to increase the flexability... otherwise you get brittleness.

Hope this makes sense ;)

Hi

Sorry if i've completeley missed it

How often should you use Toughen Up then ??? do you apply it once and then remove and re-apply weekly ?? or apply then keep applying on top daily / weekly etc ??

thanks

kx

Latest posts

Back