Solar Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmynails

Reaction score
Hi,
Having caused damage to my natural nail plates over months of self-inflicted abuse [bad product application and removal] I was on the Creative Foundation Course last week and we applied p&w to our nails. I am so excited now that I have been practising a bit and decided to have another go before the final day next week. Anyway, last night I soaked off and did it in style using Fiona's soak off bowl [which was excellent] and copious amounts of solar oil afterwards.
I noticed to my absolute delight that my nail plates are much, much more healthy now with no splitting on the surface and a beautiful pink colour. Jane Cook had told us that applying solar oil night and morning would penetrate down through the product to keep the enhancements looking nice and at the same time, protect the natural nail plate and I think my nails are proof that this has happened.
My question is....... how come the solar oil doesn't cause lifting itself?? It clearly doesn't and has healed and repaired my natural nail plates which have been pretty awful for quite some time. It's absolutely AMAZING stuff and I shall definitely be sending my clients away with a little bottle and strict instructions...... what's the science behind this...... can someone tell me....??
Thanks
Carol

As long as the product is applied to a clean and dry nail plate, you will get perfect adhesion. If you applied SolarOil first, then the product would not form a covalent bond with the plate.

Once that covalent bond is formed between the product and the plate, nothing but force will break it. The solarOil reptates through the product, nourishing both it and the plate beneath without disturbing the adhesion.

hi is solar oil ok for all types of enhancements? ie: silk and gel also?

thank you :D

SolarOil will benefit all types of enhancements by keeping the product supple and flexible and moisturised.

Its use Prolongs the 'life' of the enhancement as well as keeping the cuticles in great condition.

So glad you are around Geeg, I was hoping you would be there to answer my question. This Solar Oil is so fantastic - I would never have believed it had I not seen the effects with my own eyes!!!

Thanks again

Carol

OMG!!!!!! :D

Maybe it's time to practice what I preach and get my bottle of Solar Oil out!!!!! ;-)

I just wanted to share something about Solar Oil that someone shared with me. When I heard it, I thought that they were nuts, however they assured me this works. I tried it and they are right!! solar Oil will help keep your polish on natural nails.....

After doing a manicure, dehydrate the nail. Then you want to put a tiny little drop of Solar Oil on each nail and rub in. Don't use too much! Make sure there isn't oil in the nail walls, if so, wipe with a lint free towel. Now you are on to Stickey base coat, to coats of color and then top with Super Shiney wait a minute and then spray with Solar Speed Spray. The nails are dry in five minutes and guess what? My natural nail clients are keeping their polish on for two weeks with no chipping!! Any two of them are obsessive cleaners!

This goes against everything I was taught in school, however, for some reason it works!! Try it!! :D

we love using solar oil in our spa not only b/c of it's great performance, but also b/c it smells so fabulous! it's mostly jojoba oil which is known to have extreme healing qualities. i have a client with nail beds that were so damaged, we HAD to put wraps on her nails to keep them together...she bought the product called Solar Butter (same stuff, just a rich cream instead of the oil) and we both could not believe the huge difference it made in improving her nails! :shocker: she ended up purchasing the huge bottle of body lotion to see if it repairs what she called "age damage"! ;) i'll let you know how THAT one turns out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back