Solar Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lindag

Reaction score
How often do you guys apply solar oil and can someone tell me what the difference is between solar oil and another brand of cutical oil

I use Solar Oil twice a day and advise my clients this.

The difference comes down to ingredients - some cuticle oils are mineral oil based which will sit on the skin rather than be absorbed - jojoba oil is one of the smallest molecule oils there is and it draws the other oils in.

Check out the ingredients in your other cuticle oil and find out the benefits of each ingredient.

I use solar oil everyday it keeps my cuticles hydrated and my enhancement flexible and prevents them from being brittle and cracking.

Lisa

naturalnails said:
I use Solar Oil twice a day and advise my clients this.

The difference comes down to ingredients - some cuticle oils are mineral oil based which will sit on the skin rather than be absorbed - jojoba oil is one of the smallest molecule oils there is and it draws the other oils in.

Check out the ingredients in your other cuticle oil and find out the benefits of each ingredient.
Fiona you are a wealth of fab information - how did you know this property of jojoba, i love to learn and know such facts can you guide me in the right diection

Thanks guys,

Just so you know I use solar oil in fact lash it on about three - five times a day

Hi Louise,

I learned a lot of product information when I did my foundation course many moons ago LOL - I also have a Cosmetic ingredients book and the Encyclopedia of Nails - plus people tell me things and they obviously stick in the recesses of my brain and just pop out when I least expect them LOL.

Thanks for your kind words - it is so nice to be appreciated. I have learned so much from others that it is great to be able to give some of it back.

when i apply a set of nails for a client i advise her to apply solar oil 2-3 times a day for the first 2 days as creative products take 24-48 hours to fully cure. Then i advise them to use it once a day. Hope this helps!

Michelle x

Hi

app solar oil aids in the curing process of L+P to!!

I only do l+p, and when i did the conversion i was amazed to find out that creative l+p takes 24-48 hours to fully cure! So the use of solar oil 2-3 times a day aids this and keeps em looking gorgeous!!

I advise the use of solar oil as often as possible...defo no less than twice a day and more often than that in the first two days or so. I love the stuff and so do my clients...i was mobile one day and the clients dog was running round the room causing chaos...i asked her if she would mind popping it in the kitchen until we had finished explaining that i didnt want to end up with my table being knocked and my products spilt all over the place...she said 'well i hope he knocks the large bottle of solar oil all over the floor then i can roll in it' LOL...know what she means lol

p.s i am off on my hols tomorrow and it's a case of 'money, tickets, passport, solar oil'...infact no make that 'solar oil, money, tickets, passport' lol.

Lovely stuff - I had numerous sets of nails in the past but only one method suggested using oil and explained why!

naturalnails said:
- I also have a Cosmetic ingredients book QUOTE]

Ooh, i'm on the look-out for a book of that type - could you tell me the title, author and publisher please? Is it a good one that you would recommend?

pinkshell_nails said:
I only do l+p, and when i did the conversion i was amazed to find out that creative l+p takes 24-48 hours to fully cure! So the use of solar oil 2-3 times a day aids this and keeps em looking gorgeous!!
Just as an FYI... Any L&P takes 24-48 hours to fully polymerise (most around 24 hours) and anything that blocks oxygen from the product will speed this process up somewhat (i.e. SolarOil)

yogacat said:
naturalnails said:
- I also have a Cosmetic ingredients book QUOTE]

Ooh, i'm on the look-out for a book of that type - could you tell me the title, author and publisher please? Is it a good one that you would recommend?
I have one too, called A Consumer`s Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients
written by Ruth Winter, M.S. and published by Three Rivers Press

Debs said:
I have one too, called A Consumer`s Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients
written by Ruth Winter, M.S. and published by Three Rivers Press

Yep, that's the one I have too!

Linda,

To answer your original question - the difference between Solar Oil and another brand of cuticle oil - It works!!!

I recently bought 2 brands of cuticle oil to test them out as my own cuticles and surrounding skin tends to get dry. I was putting it on once or twice a day - one brand on each hand to see which was better. I found that after a few hours (if that) the skin around my nails was still dry. also, one of the brands was very greasy and took ages to sink into my skin - not terribly practical!

At Olympia I bought some Solar Oil to try it. I apply once or twice (If I remember) a day and noticed after a few days that my skin wasn't looking so dry. Even if I only remember to use it once the effect lasts much longer than the other brands I tried. Gets my vote and will doubtless be ordering more in future and recommending it to my clients!

B
(who isn't Creative trained but I know a good product when I see it.........)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back