Solar Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willows18

Reaction score
Try as I might, I just cannot get my clients to purchase solar oil. I have told them all about the benefits etc etc. but still they say "no thanks". I thought about increasing the price of my full sets by a fiver and including the solar oil in the price, what do you think?

Kirsty

Good idea that's what I did - remember though just because its free it dont mean they will use it...

Sometimes and especially, if a client comes back with breakages, this is the time to let clients know that if they had been using SolarOil the breakage may not have occured and that the price they will pay for SolarOil is not much more than that which they are paying to have the breakage repaired!!

Remind them how long lasting the bottle is 3-6 months depending on the size pruchased (not the mini). this is good value for money. And mention when you use it on them to notice how it instanly transforms the look and feel of their cuticles.

If it turns out that you could do with a little sales training ... then in the meantime yes, why not include it in your new price. It is essential that they use it if they want their nails to stay looking perfect.

Hiya

Most importantly are you using it on them??? Do you stock the mini size?? This is a great starter size and you can put your prices up and include a mini!! Only for the first set though, once they have used it they will continue to buy it.

I retail the mini solar oil to clients i also tell them it is a very good lip softning balm for dry cracked lips, i place a drop on the back of there hand let them rub it over there lips it wonderful and its like eating a bakewell tart

geeg said:
Remind them how long lasting the bottle is 3-6 months depending on the size pruchased (not the mini).
So.... just out of curiosity do you have info on how long each size solar oil last if a client were to use it twice a day?

Mani-fique! said:
So.... just out of curiosity do you have info on how long each size solar oil last if a client were to use it twice a day?

YES: With normal useage.

The 1/4 oz size about 3 months
the 1/2 oz size about 6 months
the mini about a month.

Thanks! Thats really useful to know... a good selling point and also a good guage as to whether your clients are using it enough. If they are'nt and they claim they are then you will know!!;)

I never have a problem with clients purchasing oil.... When I advise them about wearing rubber gloves and the general care of their nails during the treatment, I also advise them on the use of their solar oil which is required to maintain their nails. If they do not purchase solar oil, I will not be responsible for any problems with their nails with regard to breakages... My clients all buy their oil, and I can usually tell if they don't use it. They always admit to it when asked.

I find it good to let them know the good points of the oil....eg;
You will get the best from your nails if they are oiled regularly. you need to prevent them from becoming brittle just as you would your own natural nails. and if you decide not to keep your enhancements, the oil is superb for natural nails. This was recommended in the Sunday Times, MUST HAVE for the summer, section during summer 2002? I believe! (Not an advert!)

Sue

willows18 said:
Try as I might, I just cannot get my clients to purchase solar oil. I have told them all about the benefits etc etc. but still they say "no thanks". I thought about increasing the price of my full sets by a fiver and including the solar oil in the price, what do you think?

Kirsty

Thanks everyone. I'm doing my creative conversion course on Monday so I'll put my prices up after that. I managed to sell an oil last night though :D after really going on about its benefits!!!

Kirsty

willows18 said:
Try as I might, I just cannot get my clients to purchase solar oil. . . . . . . Kirsty
When a new client comes to me and I tell them that the price is €40 for a full set and €5.00 for the oil, but and that they need to buy the oil or the nails wont last as well

As they are spending €40, I think they feel it is a waste if the enhancements are not going to be great so they buy the oil -

When I have a new client I always give them a mini bottle of Solar oil to take away with them complete with an aftercare advice sheet. For the price of a mini (not sure!) you will find they will be totally hooked and will continue to come back and replenish their supplies.

Ok not everyone will use it even if you do give them one as a gift, but I can guarantee that 99% of my clients do.............not so sure they would if I hadn't given them that small gift in the first place though!!!

Adele

I suffer with very dry cuticle's and even working with oil nothing seemed to work. I recently had my own nails done by a creative tech and i was offered Solar oil. The tech explained how it worked and i brought a mini bottle for £3.50, i havent looked back since. Within a week my Cuticle's were soft and back were they should be. As soon as my Conversion course is done i will be selling them too....;)

Vicky

Perfect Pinkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back