Solar Silk - scent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sas21

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently purchased some Solar Silk as I like the smell of Solar Oil and needed a good moisturiser.

My issue is the smell!

I know there will be a slight difference as it is in a different form from the oil but to me it has a slightly acidic smell and kind of stings my nostrils iykwim?:confused:

I just wondered if anyone else has found this or whether it is just me with a weird sense of smell (which wouldn't be the first time)! lol:rolleyes:

I will be getting some of the Scentsations lotions soon but in the mean time I was just wondering if any other geeks had found this.

I hate to say it but it actually makes me feel slightly sick! When I use it I have to hold my hands away from me and not breathe through my nose! :eek:

Hi all,
I recently purchased some Solar Silk as I like the smell of Solar Oil and needed a good moisturiser.

My issue is the smell!

I know there will be a slight difference as it is in a different form from the oil but to me it has a slightly acidic smell and kind of stings my nostrils iykwim?:confused:

I just wondered if anyone else has found this or whether it is just me with a weird sense of smell (which wouldn't be the first time)! lol:rolleyes:

I will be getting some of the Scentsations lotions soon but in the mean time I was just wondering if any other geeks had found this.

I hate to say it but it actually makes me feel slightly sick! When I use it I have to hold my hands away from me and not breathe through my nose! :eek:

Mmmmm, can't say I've ever experienced this.

The SolarSilk smells exactly the same for me as the SolarOil and I just love to smell my hands afterwards.

Have you exprienced this before or is it your first bottle of SolarSilk ? It might be that something is wrong with that bottle ...... Why don't you give the branch where you ordered it from a call and see if they would be willing to exchange it for you.

Marlise

How strange. I think you may have a dodgy bottle. I love the smell of solar silk and use it at home for myself. It smells of almond oil - kind of like marzipan/playdough from years ago/bakewell tarts! Definitely not acidic!

yep I don't have any probs with my solar silk, smells just like the rest of the range. I'd take the bottle back to the supplier and ask them to check it or try another bottle!

Thanks guys,
I was just wondering if it was just me! lol (still could be):smack:

I will ring the supplier tomorrow or monday and see what they say.

This is the first time I have bought the Solar Silk so was not too sure if it should smell like that or not.

:hug:
xx

Latest posts

Back