Solglo - grrr!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Over the period whilst UPB were no more, we had several problems with our Solglo kit (which we only bought just before they folded). First the frame started falling apart (it is made of several different lengths of pole, but the poles are all linked together by chains) - the chains kept breaking so now it's much harder to put together. Then we decided to wash the fabric walls - we were told by our trainer that was OK, just not to tumble-dry it, so we put it on a cool wash, but the fabric has blistered and shrunk so it now won't fit onto the frame.
We rang the Solglo tech support number but were told that even though the new company have bought out United Beauty and will continue to stock the Solglo products, they are not honouring any complaints from old/existing customers. They passed us onto the company dealing with the receivership, but they said there is nothing they can do!

I think is the new UPB took on the old stock and reputation of the company, they should have taken on its existing customers.

For now we will have to try and 'bodge' the tanning booth together as I can't afford to find a replacement, but it sure as hell has put me off Solgo. It's a shame, cos it's a good product, but I'll be damned if I'm dealing with their customer service again.

On that note, has anyone found details for being able to purchase Fake Bake spray solution other than at Ashton & Fincher (no store anywhere near me), or any other brands they would recommend (once I've got through my other 3 bottles of solution....!)

hi ya
you can contact fake bake direct, but be warned ive been told it smells horrible xx

Havent tried it personally but I have heard loads of people say that bali sun are good. They are Westcliff on Sea / Southend direction but they probably do mail order? Think KellyC converted to them so might be worth giving her a pm for more info? hth x

Thanks everyone.
The sad thing is I am very happy with the Solglo solution but I don't reckon much to the customer service. I will ring around and try to get some samples.
xx

Try React cosmetics they do a lovely tan and it smells nice too!

I use Solglo too & have never had a problem with it. It's a shame that the new company won't deal with it, surely they should be concerned about the reputation of their product, even if the problem isn't their fault. Even if they offered you a discount on a new booth, it's better than nothing. Have you tried ringing them again & telling them that the company they put you through to won't do anything either? Maybe if you tell them you are going to swap to a different brand owned by a different company, they might offer to do something? Don't know what to suggest but good luck getting things sorted!

Latest posts

Back