Solicitor costs - lease transfer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebp

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a salon , the lease can be transferred to my name rather than negotiating a new one because of the time left on it. can anyone give me an idea of the costs a solicitor charges to do this, just looking for a ball park ?

I paid about £1k although I had quotes from around £800 - £1300 so I went midway, although I did negotiate. I went with the one who seemed most thorough.

In the end, he was the right choice as the sale was far more complicated than it had appeared at the outset.

Of you're buying the lease from the previous lease holder please be aware you both could be liable to pay half the costs each of the landlords solicitors too.

I bought my lease and we both paid have each of his but mine alone was £950

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Both previous posters have made good points. This is definitely not the time to choose someone based on price alone.

You definitely need to find someone who can be a tough negotiator on your behalf.

When I brought the salon I'm at now the previous owner payed for this as it was her who was leaving the lease so she had to pay to get out of it as that was her liabilities not mine. I was already paying for the business and didn't think it was fair to have to pay for her to get out of the lease and then pay again when the lease ran out to renew it.

I suppose it depends on what was agreed.

Latest posts

Back