some 3d nail art using modelling clay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loo

Reaction score
Hello

Here are some more 3d nails. This time however instead of using acrylic I tried using coloured modelling clay to make small details to put onto the nails. As you can see I think the effect looks similar to acrylic 3d once painted and stuck on. These are just samples but it worked!!!! :) I made the large rose in the centre too out of the same clay. There are some butterfly nails, some flowers,roses and one with little buttons (the blue nail). Had lots of fun making these. I have used my nail art pens to add some extra colour, hope you like them!!! :o

Attachments

• 3d nails done with fimo clay.jpg
    3d nails done with fimo clay.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 902
  • nails with fimo clay 3d.jpg
    nails with fimo clay 3d.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,550
Lookin' kooky!!

I use fimo clay sometimes to do 3-d art. My mum is an artist and sculptures A LOT with fimo, she makes little figurines of children.

Its great, you can get all sorts of colours, and they do glitters, neons and even glow-in-the-dark!! :cool:

Jus' make your lil models..pieces...objects..oven bake em and use a lil bit of gelbond to stick 'em on! :green:

Fabarooooony!!

xxlaylaxx

LayStar said:
Lookin' kooky!!

I use fimo clay sometimes to do 3-d art. My mum is an artist and sculptures A LOT with fimo, she makes little figurines of children.

Its great, you can get all sorts of colours, and they do glitters, neons and even glow-in-the-dark!! :cool:

Jus' make your lil models..pieces...objects..oven bake em and use a lil bit of gelbond to stick 'em on! :green:

Fabarooooony!!

xxlaylaxx

Hi layla have to say your nail art is very good too regularly check your site for new fun pickies!!!! :green: I make models from fimo too but have never done any for nails before but thought hey what a good idea and it worked!!! I would love to see some of your mum's fimo models here's one I made of a teddy, (just got out the bath he has a little towel and bubbles on him) bless. :lol:

Attachments

• Little fimo teddy.jpg
    Little fimo teddy.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 897
Hi Loo
Love it
You are so clever is your talent never ending :rolleyes:

Take care Dawnie

loo said:
Hi layla have to say your nail art is very good too regularly check your site for new fun pickies!!!! :green: I make models from fimo too but have never done any for nails before but thought hey what a good idea and it worked!!! I would love to see some of your mum's fimo models here's one I made of a teddy, (just got out the bath he has a little towel and bubbles on him) bless. :lol:
arent you clever lucy your stuff is great. on the subject of using gel pens for nail art, how long should you leave them to dry before you top coat.ive been getting blurred results in my experiments, am i rushing it?

angel fingers said:
arent you clever lucy your stuff is great. on the subject of using gel pens for nail art, how long should you leave them to dry before you top coat.ive been getting blurred results in my experiments, am i rushing it?

Hi angel fingers I dont actually use gel pens, the pens that I use are called nail art pens they are filled with either some sort of nail varnish or paint specifically designed for nail art and come with a thin brush for stripes and metal, thin kind of spout which you squezze to release the colour to draw with! I have tried gel pens too but they do smudge not sure if they are any good, but I love my nail art pens!! ;)

loo said:
Hello

Here are some more 3d nails. This time however instead of using acrylic I tried using coloured modelling clay to make small details to put onto the nails. As you can see I think the effect looks similar to acrylic 3d once painted and stuck on. These are just samples but it worked!!!! :) I made the large rose in the centre too out of the same clay. There are some butterfly nails, some flowers,roses and one with little buttons (the blue nail). Had lots of fun making these. I have used my nail art pens to add some extra colour, hope you like them!!! :o

Hi Loo,

Very very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Candy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back