Some advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina1127

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I know you all have probably been asked this a thousand times but I am a bit stuck. I have just started my advanced nail course after passing my manicure and pedicure course. We have started with acrylic nails. I am ok with applying the acrylic but once it is on and you have to file the nail to smooth it out I am having trouble making the acrylic clear. It just seems to go white. Im not sure what I'm doing wrong. We dont go back to college until 10th Jan and wanted to practice now so I am ok when we go back.

Please help

Tina xxx

Hi Tina,
When you do the nail with L&P try to get it as smooth as poss with your brush, This way you will only need to smooth over it to finish and then buff up to a great shine.
As you finish off a nail reduce the grit of the files used and then finish off with your girlfriend(3 way buffer By creative) and buff like mad. Apply a little scrubfresh to your grey side and you will get a brilliant glass like shine.
Hths

OOOHHH Ive done it! I think all it was was when I started with a higher grade it seemed too white and too scuffed that I didnt think Id done it right but it does work as you go down grades with your file :) Thanks for that and sorry for the newbie question

Tina xxx

Hi

Hey dont apologise for asking questions! if you dont ask you wont learn!
ASK AWAY!!!!

Glad you've cracked it Tina ;)
If ever in doubt ask :)

Latest posts

Back